This Greek Avocado Toast starts with sourdough bread, avocado, oregano, cherry tomatoes, Kalamata olives, cucumber, red onion, and of course feta! This easy toast recipe is an amazing brunch or lunch.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
I'm a Kalamata olive fiend! If you are too, then you'll love this Greek Avocado Toast. I'm Greek and we had Greek salad with dinner almost every single night growing up. I basically took the classic Greek salad my mom would make, and dumped it onto avocado toast for this delicious Greek Avocado Toast.
I use sourdough bread, avocado, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, Kalamta olives, and feta. I sprinkle a little oregano on top for a super easy brunch, lunch, or snack!
Tips for Making Greek Avocado Toast
• Use a white bread or sourdough bread. Don't use any wheat breads, challah bread, or honey bread as the sweetness of those won't be good with this flavor profile.
• Makes sure your avocados are ripe, as always! If they are ripe, they will be dark black on the outside and will have a firm but somewhat softness when you gently squeeze them. If they are rock hard or very green on the outside, you can leave them out on the counter to ripen, and then put them in the fridge once they are ready.
• Buy block Feta cheese. Never, never, never buy the crumbled Feta. Even if you are going to crumble it yourself, you still buy the block Feta and then crumble it. The pre-crumbled Feta usually has additives in it and it doesn't stay as fresh for as long as the block.
Why go organic?
You may be wondering why I push organic ingredients for everything, even savory and healthy dishes. Organic ingredients go beyond just health and wellness, and contribute so much to the taste and flavor of a recipe. So, if you think that you're making something healthy and buying fruits, veggies, or meats so maybe you don't need to spend the extra to go organic here – let me sway your thinking.
Organic ingredients are made in a more pure way, therefore using no additives, no GMOs, and minimal ingredients. This really allows the true ingredients to shine – and because of that their flavor shines through. Therefore, organic ingredients are more flavorful than their non organic counterparts. So, just because it's already a healthy recipe, or you're already buying good for you ingredients – it doesn't mean you can skip organic! Trust me here, and make the switch. Your body and your taste buds will thank you!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Greek Avocado ToastDifficulty: Easy
Change up your avocado toast game with this Greek Avocado Toast. This simple toast is loaded with feta, kalamata olives, and more.
2 slices organic sourdough bread
1 organic avocado
Salt and pepper to taste
4 slices organic cucumber, diced
2 slices organic red onion, diced
4 small organic cherry tomatos, sliced
1/4 cup block feta, crumbled
8 to 10 kalamata olives, sliced
2 sprigs fresh oregano, sliced
- Toast the sourdough to your liking. Spread 1/2 of the avocado onto each slice and top with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Generously sprinkle the diced cucumber, red onion, tomato, Feta, and olives onto each piece of toast. Top with fresh oregano.
- Serve immediately.
- Gluten Free – Use gluten free bread.
- High Altitude – Follow the recipe as noted.
Subscribe to Mimi's Organic Eats!
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Dill Cream Cheese Spread recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too!