Homemade pancakes only get better when you add blueberries! I use Organic Valley's French Vanilla Creamer in these pancakes for a unique and perfectly “French vanilla” flavor with little effort! Make these French Vanilla Blueberry Pancakes this weekend!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
Organic Valley recently came out with new flavored creamers. And they are so good! My favorite is the French Vanilla, shocker. I was helping Organic Valley come up with ways to use these new flavored creamers in things other than coffee. And waffles, pancakes and French toast are all great recipes to use flavored creamers in!
So, I got inspired and I made this recipe for French Vanilla Blueberry Pancakes. My Blueberry Waffles recipe is always super popular, usually making the top posts of all time here on my site. So I thought you’d all love a blueberry pancake recipe as well.
I added Organic Valley French Vanilla Creamer into my classic Homemade Pancakes recipe. I subbed some of the milk for creamer and I also added a little cinnamon. I didn’t add any vanilla extract here as it’s not needed because the Organic Valley French Vanilla Creamer has so much flavor! So if you run out of vanilla extract, this is the perfect pancake recipe to make!
Ingredients for French Vanilla Blueberry Pancakes
Cairnspring Mills Organic All Purpose Flour (use code MIMIORGANIC15 for 15% off your order!)
Field Day Organic Canola Oil Cooking Spray
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
French Vanilla Blueberry PancakesDifficulty: Easy
Take your standard pancakes up a notch with these French Vanilla Blueberry Pancakes. Adding coffee creamer into these flap jacks makes for an elevated flavor profile that is so easy to achieve!
1/2 cup (113 grams) organic salted butter, melted
170 grams (1 1/3 cups) organic all purpose flour
28 grams (3 tablespoons) organic Kamut flour
28 grams (2 tablespoons) organic cane sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon organic cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 organic large egg
3/4 cup organic milk
4 ounces organic blueberries
organic canola oil cooking spray
organic blueberries, for serving
organic maple syrup, for serving
- In a small saucepan, add the butter and melt completely. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, Kamut flour, cane sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and sea salt and whisk together. Add the egg, milk, and creamer and whisk to combine completely.
- Slowly add in the melted butter, whisking to combine completely. Add in the blueberries and stir to combine completely.
- In a large skillet over low to medium heat, grease it well with canola oil cooking spray. Use 1/4 cup to drop the pancake batter into the skillet. Wait for the top of the pancake to start bubbling, about 1 to 2 minutes. Flip the pancake and cook until done, about another 1 to 2 minutes on the second side. Repeat until batter is gone.
- Serve immediately with fresh strawberries and maple syrup.
- Gluten Free — Replace the all purpose flour with 191 grams (scant 1 1/4 cups) organic gluten free flour blend, and omit the Kamut flour.
- High Altitude — Follow the recipe as noted.
Subscribe to Mimi's Organic Eats!
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Blueberry Waffles recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think will like it too!