This Honey Butter Tomato Feta Toast starts with sourdough toast, butter, a drizzle of honey, tomato slices, crumbled feta, and fresh basil.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
Toast is probably one of my top three favorite things to eat. I eat it every single day, in some form! The girls at the bakery make fun of how much butter I usually put on my toast, trust me it's a lot! And most days I just have plain toast just like that slathered with butter along with eggs, but sometimes toast can be a meal all on it's own and I love that too!
Today I'm sharing one of my favorite brunch recipes. I eat this for a morning snack a lot or an early lunch, it's the perfect recipe for brunch or a mid morning snack. This Honey Butter Tomato Feta Toast is so good! It may sound different or weird to you, but trust me on this guys, it is so good! This light toast is sweet because of the honey and a little salty because of the feta, for a perfect combination. Get the recipe below for my Honey Butter Tomato Feta Toast.
Tips for Honey Butter Tomato Feta Toast
• Use bread that you like. It's so crucial to use bread you like for toast. I prefer using a sourdough bread here because this toast is very light, but a white bread would also be good too.
• Please buy block feta cheese and then crumble it yourself. Do not ever buy crumbled feta, this is not good! And these are the words of a true Greek, listen to me here. The crumbled feta usually has additives in it that are unnecessary for you to eat, when you can just crumble it yourself from the block. The block tastes better, and it's better for you.
• This is one of those meals that you gotta make and eat right away for the best toast!
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Honey Butter Tomato Feta ToastDifficulty: Easy
This simple toast recipe is made with honey butter, tomato, feta, and basil for a sweet and savory snack that can be enjoyed any time of day!
1 slice organic sourdough bread
1 tablespoon organic butter
1 teaspoon organic raw honey
2 slices organic tomato, halved
1 to 2 tablespoons organic feta
organic fresh basil
- Toast the toast to your liking.
- Spread the butter and honey together onto the toast. Top with tomato slices, crumbled feta, and fresh basil.
- Serve immediately.
- Gluten Free — Use gluten free bread.
- High Altitude — Follow the recipe as noted.
Subscribe to Mimi's Organic Eats!
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Dill Cream Cheese Spread recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too!