My friends at Organic Valley asked me to create a Fluffy Scrambled Eggs recipe using their amazing organic eggs, butter, and sour cream. I make eggs pretty much daily for breakfast, and I had never made scrambled eggs with sour cream before, and let me tell you how delicious they are!
If you're looking for more breakfast egg recipes, be sure to check out some of my other favorites like my Bone Broth Sausage Mushroom Frittata, Cheesy Veggie Quiche, or my Spinach Ham & Cheese Quiche.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
I created a super easy Fluffy Scrambled Eggs recipe using my favorite organic eggs – Organic Valley! I also added organic sour cream to give these scrambled eggs a unique and extra fluffy texture. You gotta try it to believe it – trust me! Even Delaney was pleasantly surprised by these eggs when I made them the first time! And, like I said, we eat eggs on the regular.
We always eat eggs with toast, and these eggs are so fluffy and moist that they actually are the best kind of eggs to add on top of toast! I also added some fresh chives for a little extra flavor and fanciness – because eggs on toast is fancy.
Tips for Making the Best Fluffy Scrambled Eggs
• Use the best organic eggs – Organic Valley Eggs! Also, use the best organic ingredients as this is a very minimal recipe, so using the best organic ingredients will give you the best tasting eggs. Make sure to get Organic Valley Butter and Organic Valley Sour Cream too.
• I use a 10-inch cast iron skillet, but if you don't have that you can also use a pot or a frying pan as well. If you have nonstick, that is good too! Just don't use stainless steel as the eggs will stick so much more when using this type of pan.
• This is a super easy breakfast to make for a crowd, as you double or even triple this recipe in the 10-inch cast iron skillet.
• If you are going to serve with toast, make sure you have a sturdy toast to hold all these amazing eggs! I used organic sourdough and it was a nice thick piece.
Ingredients for Fluffy Scrambled Eggs
Toast (optional, for serving)
Why go organic?
You may be wondering why I push organic ingredients for everything, even savory and healthy dishes. Organic ingredients go beyond just health and wellness, and contribute so much to the taste and flavor of a recipe. So, if you think that you're making something healthy and buying fruits, veggies, or meats so maybe you don't need to spend the extra to go organic here – let me sway your thinking.
Organic ingredients are made in a more pure way, therefore using no additives, no GMOs, and minimal ingredients. This really allows the true ingredients to shine – and because of that their flavor shines through. Therefore, organic ingredients are more flavorful than their non organic counterparts. So, just because it's already a healthy recipe, or you're already buying good for you ingredients – it doesn't mean you can skip organic! Trust me here, and make the switch. Your body and your taste buds will thank you!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Fluffy Scrambled EggsDifficulty: Easy
If you've never tried adding sour cream into your scrambled eggs, you're in for a treat. These extra Fluffy Scrambled Eggs make a great topping for toast or are amazing all on their own.
- In a 10-inch cast iron skillet or nonstick skillet, add eggs and butter. Put over medium high heat.
- Using a rubber spatula, stir eggs to break the yolks. Continue to stir the eggs and butter, scraping the sides and bottom of the skillet, until the butter melts. Reduce heat to medium low. Continue to stir eggs until they begin to cook and start to look fluffy. Once you don’t see anymore liquid, remove the skillet from the heat. The eggs will continue to cook a little from the heat of the skillet.
- Add in the sour cream and stir to combine completely.
- Add in the chopped chives, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
- High Altitude — Follow the recipe as noted.
Subscribe to Mimi's Organic Eats!
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Dill Cream Cheese Spread recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!