These Carrot Cake Baked Donuts are easy carrot donuts that you can make for Easter! This recipe is quick and simple and can be made the morning of! Try these moist and fluffy Carrot Cake Baked Donuts this weekend!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
Easter is this weekend, and if you've been seeing carrot cake after carrot cake – then maybe these Carrot Bake Baked Donuts will be a nice change of pace as far as carrots go! These easy carrot donuts come together quickly in one bowl using a hand mixer (or your stand mixer!) you can use whatever you prefer for this recipe, making it really simple. And, they can be ready in an hour! That makes them a simple recipe for Easter brunch that you can make the morning of!
These Carrot Cake Baked Donuts are moist, fluffy, and topped with a maple cream cheese icing and a carrot chip. Carrot cake is basically a brunch item, in my opinion, and now it really is with these Carrot Cake Baked Donuts!
But if you are looking for a carrot cake for dessert, I have quite a few that would be amazing for Easter. My Frosted Carrot Loaf Cake, Easy Carrot Cake Balls, Honey Apple Carrot Cake, Brown Sugar Carrot Cupcakes, or my Carrot Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Icing would all be amazing carrot cake options for this weekend too!
Ingredients for Carrot Cake Baked Donuts
Cairnspring Mills Organic All Purpose Flour (use code MIMIORGANIC15 for 15% off your order!)
Stand Mixer (or hand mixer)
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Carrot Cake Baked DonutsDifficulty: Easy
These Carrot Cake Baked Donuts have a cake-like texture, they're topped with a sweet glaze and a carrot chip!
170 grams (3/4 cup) packed organic light brown sugar
1/2 cup organic cream cheese
255 grams (2 cups) organic all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon organic cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon organic ginger
1/2 teaspoons fine sea salt
1 organic large egg
1 cup organic coconut milk
6 tablespoons organic salted butter, melted
5 ounces organic carrots, finely grated
organic canola oil cooking spray
57 grams (1/4 cup) organic cream cheese
142 grams (1 cup) organic powdered sugar, sifted
2 1/2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- To make the batter: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the light brown sugar and cream cheese, mix on low until combined then continue to mix for 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and fine sea salt in that order. Next add the egg, coconut milk, melted butter, and grated carrots on top and mix on low until combined into a stiff batter. Transfer to a piping bag.
- Lightly grease the donut pans with canola oil cooking spray (or butter, coconut oil, or canola oil). Pipe the batter into the pans.
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely in the pans.
- To make the icing: In a medium bowl, add the powdered sugar, cream cheese, and maple syrup and whisk to combine into a smooth icing.
- Using a butter knife of spatula spread glaze on top of each donut and top with dried carrots and walnuts.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- High Altitude — Bake at 400°F for 8 to 12 minutes, or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Baked Vanilla Donuts recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think will like it too!