Just like your favorite Golden Oreos, these Homemade Vanilla Oreos are a buttery and crisp vanilla shortbread cookie filled with vanilla cream! Add these to your holiday cookie boxes!
If you love Oreos as much as I do, but don't want to eat the originals as they are full of bad ingredients, then try my favorite organic Oreo recipes like my No Bake Oreo Cheesecake, Black Cocoa Oreo Cake, or my Homemade Peanut Butter Oreos.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
The countdown to Christmas begins! What better way to kick it off than with some homemade Vanilla Oreo Cookies. This homemade Golden Oreos recipe is the perfect addition to any holiday cookie box. And, Santa would probably be pretty stoked if these homemade Vanilla Oreo Cookies were left out for him!
So I have made a homemade version of vanilla Oreos – or Golden Oreos. And my recipe for Homemade Vanilla Oreos is so easy to make. These cookies also only have 5 total ingredients! Yes, you can make homemade Oreos at home with only 5 simple organic ingredients. I bet they are all in your pantry already too! Now that I have blown your mind, it's time to make Homemade Vanilla Oreo Cookies. Happy baking!
Tips for Homemade Vanilla Oreo Cookies
• Make sure your butter is soft. This is super important for these cookies in order to get the right texture, which is very important. I like to leave butter out on the counter to let it soften at room temperature overnight. However, in these colder months that may not be enough sometimes! So, if you have to microwave it, then only do 10 seconds per 1/2 cup. The butter should be soft enough that if you poke it with your finger you will make an indent.
• Allow the cookies to cool completely before filling them. This is super important so the filling sets properly and does not melt.
Ingredients for Homemade Vanilla Oreo Cookies
Cairnspring Mills Organic All Purpose Flour (use code MIMIORGANIC15 for 15% off your order!)
Parchment Paper (get my favorite nontoxic parchment paper and get 10% off with MIMIBAKES)
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Homemade Vanilla Oreo CookiesDifficulty: Easy
This is a recipe for homemade Golden Oreos, but made with organic ingredients. This easy copycat Golden Oreo recipe will be a favorite in your house!
1 cup (226 grams) organic salted butter, softened
142 grams (1 cup) organic powdered sugar, sifted
2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
255 grams (2 cups) organic all purpose flour
226 grams (1 1/2 cups plus 1 tablespoon) organic powdered sugar, sifted
1/2 cup (113 grams) organic salted butter, softened
1 to 2 teaspoons organic milk
1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- To make the dough: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix on low until combined and you don’t see powdered sugar anymore, there will still be a few chunks of butter but that is okay because it’s very soft.
- Add the flour into the butter mixture and mix on low until combined and smooth. The dough should feel like play dough in your hands.
- Using your hands, form the dough into 36 balls and place them on the prepared cookie sheets. Flatten each one slightly so they are about 1 3/4-inch in diameter.
- Bake for 13 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool completely on the cookie sheets.
- To make the filling: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the powdered sugar, butter, milk, and vanilla extract and mix on low until combined. Speed mixer up to high for 1 minute or until light and fluffy. Put in a piping bag with tip #864.
- Turn over every other cookie so they are all paired. Pipe a swirl of filling onto each cookie and sandwich them together.
- Store in a cool dry place for up to 7 days.
- Gluten Free – Replace the flour with 226 grams (scant 1 1/2 cups) organic gluten free flour blend and 57 grams (1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoons) organic coconut flour.
- High Altitude – Bake at 350°F for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Subscribe to Mimi's Organic Eats!
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!