This Caramel Pumpkin Spice Snack Cake is a moist and fluffy pumpkin spice cake and it's topped with a caramel buttercream that uses my homemade Caramel Sauce. I drizzle more caramel sauce on top and add chopped pecans for the best cake for fall!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
Fall isn’t complete unless you make this Caramel Pumpkin Spice Snack Cake. This simple snack cake starts with a moist pumpkin spice cake is topped with a caramel buttercream that’s made with homemade Caramel Sauce, it’s drizzled with more caramel, and topped with pecans.
This simple snack cake is so easy to make, as it’s just made in a 9 x 9-inch pan. This is the best cake for fall because it’s easy and delicious! The caramel icing is made with my homemade Caramel Sauce recipe. You can use the extra caramel sauce for dipping apples, drizzling on top of ice cream, or dipping cookies in.
The best cake for fall is pumpkin spice, and this recipe just makes it better with the addition of caramel. This simple snack cake comes together quickly and bakes up moist and fluffy, thanks to the pumpkin. This Caramel Pumpkin Spice Snack Cake is perfect for any fall celebration!
What is the best square baking pan?
The best 9 x 9-inch square baking pan is by USA Pan. The little ridges in this aluminum pan really help air circulate and it gives the most even bake! Plus, I love the truly square edges in this pan as opposed to a glass pan.
Does caramel icing need to be refrigerated?
Yes, caramel icing needs to be refrigerated because caramel sauce contains cream which should be refrigerated. While caramel is heated at a very high heat, it can be left out for a day or two without problems. But, it’s always safe to store caramel icing in the fridge if you can.
How long is homemade caramel good for?
Homemade caramel will last for up to 1 month in the fridge. I like to store my homemade Caramel Sauce in a glass jar. You can easily take it out and let it sit at room temperature, or you can pop it in the microwave if you want to warm it up before serving.
What can I use caramel sauce for?
You can use the extra caramel sauce for so many things! Drizzle caramel on top of cookies, cupcakes, or brownies. Add caramel sauce into your coffee or hot chocolate. Dip apples in homemade caramel sauce. Drizzle caramel sauce on top of pancakes, waffles, or French toast. Drizzle caramel sauce on top of ice cream. The possibilities are endless when you have homemade caramel sauce.
What if I don't want to make my own caramel sauce?
If you don't want to make homemade Caramel Sauce, then King's Cupboard makes a really good organic caramel sauce that you can buy. You can use it just like you'd use my homemade Caramel Sauce in any recipe.
Ingredients for Caramel Pumpkin Spice Snack Cake
Cairnspring Mills Organic All Purpose Flour (use code MIMIORGANIC15 for 15% off your order!)
Organic Caramel Sauce
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Caramel Pumpkin Spice Snack CakeDifficulty: Easy
Caramel Pumpkin Spice Snack Cake is made in a 9 x 9-inch pan. This moist pumpkin spice cake is topped with caramel icing and pecans. This simple snack cake is the best cake for fall!
1/2 cup (113 grams) organic salted butter, softened
113 grams (1/2 cup) organic cane sugar
57 grams (1/4 cup) packed organic dark brown sugar
1 organic large egg, room temperature
28 grams (2 tablespoons) organic avocado oil
113 grams organic pumpkin purée
57 grams (1/4 cup) organic sour cream, room temperature
191 grams (1 1/2 cups) organic all purpose flour
1 teaspoon organic pumpkin spice
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
284 grams (2 cups) organic powdered sugar, sifted
1/2 cup organic heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup organic salted butter, softened
57 grams organic Caramel Sauce
organic Caramel Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9 x 9-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- To make the batter: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, cane sugar, and dark brown sugar. Mix on low until combined and there are no chunks of butter.
- Add the egg, avocado oil, pumpkin puree, and sour cream. Mix on low until combined.
- Add the flour, pumpkin spice, baking powder, and sea salt in that order. Mix on low until a smooth batter forms. Transfer to the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely in the pan.
- To make the icing: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, butter, and caramel sauce. Mix on low until combined, then speed mixer up to high and mix for 1 minute or until light and fluffy.
- Spread the icing over the top of the cake. Drizzle with more caramel sauce and top with crushed pecans.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Gluten Free – Replace the all purpose flour with 191 grams (scant 1 1/4 cups) organic gluten free flour blend.
- High Altitude — Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Subscribe to Mimi's Organic Eats!
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out the post 10 Must Bake Pumpkin Spice Recipes, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!