This Mushroom & Wild Rice Soup is a veggie filled vegan soup recipe that makes an amazing side dish or light lunch. If you're not vegan, you can easily add in chicken for a more protein packed meal.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
This Mushroom & Wild Rice Soup is loaded with veggies and can be served as a side dish or as a meal. I used big chunks of mushrooms in this soup recipe along with wild rice, carrots, celery, onion, kale, and herbs for a flavorful vegan soup.
This soup recipe can be made with leftover rice, which makes it an easy recipe to throw together with ingredients you probably already have in your fridge! If you want to add more protein to this soup and are not vegan, then you can make this with Kettle & Fire Bone Broth instead of vegetable stock. Use code MIMIBAKESCOOKIES for 20% off your order.
Why go organic?
You may be wondering why I push organic ingredients for everything, even savory and healthy dishes. Organic ingredients go beyond just health and wellness, and contribute so much to the taste and flavor of a recipe. So, if you think that you're making something healthy and buying fruits, veggies, or meats so maybe you don't need to spend the extra to go organic here – let me sway your thinking.
Organic ingredients are made in a more pure way, therefore using no additives, no GMOs, and minimal ingredients. This really allows the true ingredients to shine – and because of that their flavor shines through. Therefore, organic ingredients are more flavorful than their non organic counterparts. So, just because it's already a healthy recipe, or you're already buying good for you ingredients – it doesn't mean you can skip organic! Trust me here, and make the switch. Your body and your taste buds will thank you!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Mushroom & Wild Rice SoupDifficulty: Easy
A vegetarian version of chicken and wild rice soup, this easy and healthy soup recipe is one that can be served as a side dish or the main course.
1 cup cooked organic wild rice
1 carton (1 quart) organic vegetable stock
2 cups water
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/2 teaspoon organic black pepper
1/2 teaspoon organic thyme
1/2 teaspoon organic rosemary
1/4 teaspoon organic sage
1/8 teaspoon organic celery salt
1 organic clove of garlic, minced
226 grams (8 ounces) organic mushrooms, quartered
3 organic large carrots, sliced
3 organic celery sticks, sliced
1/2 organic white onion, sliced
3 organic large kale leaves, de-stemmed and roughly chopped
- Make sure the rice is cooked first, if you have to do that, then start that first. Otherwise you can use leftover rice as well.
- In a 4-quart pot, add the vegetable stock, water, sea salt, black pepper, thyme, rosemary, sage, celery salt, and garlic. Stir to combine completely.
- Add the mushrooms, carrots, celery, and onions, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn to medium heat and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until the veggies are done to your liking. I like mine a little more al dente than really soft, so you can cook a little longer if you'd like.
- Add the cooked rice and kale and stir to combine completely. Cook for another couple minutes to warm the rice and kale. Remove from heat, serve immediately.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
- High Altitude – Follow the recipe as noted.
Subscribe to Mimi's Organic Eats!
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Vegan Dark Chocolate Almond Cookies recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!