This Meyer Lemon Chicken & Wild Rice Soup is delicious take on the classic! The addition of Meyer lemons makes this traditional soup bright and zesty. Serve it with my Simple French Baguettes for a warm and cozy lunch or dinner.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
I love the addition of Meyer lemons to this classic soup. This Meyer Lemon Chicken & Wild Rice Soup has traditional carrots, celery, and onion for the veggies. I love using canned chicken, because it makes this soup take less time to prep and make. And I always make this soup when I have leftover rice, it's such a good use for leftover rice!
These little tricks all make this soup an easy recipe to make. Plus, when you make this soup you'll have a good amount for a few days. There's nothing better than delicious leftovers in your fridge!
Ingredients for Meyer Lemon Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
Organic Meyer Lemons
Organic Canned Chicken
Organic Wild Rice
Kettle & Fire Organic Chicken Broth (use code MIMIBAKESCOOKIES for 20% off)
Organic White Onion
Why go organic?
You may be wondering why I push organic ingredients for everything, even savory and healthy dishes. Organic ingredients go beyond just health and wellness, and contribute so much to the taste and flavor of a recipe. So, if you think that you're making something healthy and buying fruits, veggies, or meats so maybe you don't need to spend the extra to go organic here – let me sway your thinking.
Organic ingredients are made in a more pure way, therefore using no additives, no GMOs, and minimal ingredients. This really allows the true ingredients to shine – and because of that their flavor shines through. Therefore, organic ingredients are more flavorful than their non organic counterparts. So, just because it's already a healthy recipe, or you're already buying good for you ingredients – it doesn't mean you can skip organic! Trust me here, and make the switch. Your body and your taste buds will thank you!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Meyer Lemon Chicken & Wild Rice SoupDifficulty: Easy
When it's Meyer lemon season, it is also soup season. This insanely easy soup recipe will be the best chicken and rice soup you've ever made!
1 cup cooked organic wild rice
1 carton (1 quart) organic chicken stock
2 cups water
3 Meyer lemons
1/2 teaspoon organic black pepper
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/2 teaspoon organic dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon organic dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon organic dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon organic dried sage
2 organic large carrots, sliced
3 organic celery sticks, sliced
1/2 organic white onion, sliced
1 organic clove of garlic, minced
2 five-ounce cans organic chicken
- Make sure the rice is cooked first, if you have to do that, then start that first. Otherwise you can use leftover rice as well.
- In a 4-quart pot, add the chicken stock, water, juice of 2 of the Meyer lemons, black pepper, sea salt, parsley, thyme, oregano, and sage. Stir to combine completely.
- Add the carrots, celery, and onions, and garlic and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn to medium heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the veggies are done to your liking. I like mine a little more al dente than really soft, so you can cook a little longer if you'd like.
- Add the cooked rice and chicken in and stir to combine completely. Cook for another couple minutes to warm the rice and chicken. Remove from heat.
- To serve, slice the last Meyer lemon, ladle into bowls and garnish with lemon slices.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
- High Altitude – Follow the recipe as noted.
Subscribe to Mimi's Organic Eats!
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Dill Cream Cheese Spread recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!