This recipe for Mahi Mahi Street Tacos is made with wild caught Mahi Mahi, a homemade slaw, fresh mango, salsa, and avocado for an amazing light and delicious take on taco Tuesday!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
Whenever we go down to Carlsbad, I literally eat at Haggo's Tacos every day. If you live in the Carlsbad or Encinitas area, and you haven't been, then I highly recommend going. They are an organic taco shop, and it is so good! I usually get the fish tacos or the shrimp tacos, but I've had almost everything on their menu and it's all amazing.
So, I decided to make my own version of my favorite tacos that I get there. These Mahi Mahi Street Tacos are made with wild caught Mahi Mahi that’s really easy to cook in your skillet! I make a homemade slaw with carrots, red onion, cilantro, sour cream, and lime.
I top these simple Mahi Mahi Street Tacos with fresh mango, Homemade Salsa, and avocado for a light and simple taco that you’ll want to make every Taco Tuesday!
Ingredients for Mahi Mahi Street Tacos
Wild Caught Mahi Mahi
Organic Red Onion
Why go organic?
You may be wondering why I push organic ingredients for everything, even savory and healthy dishes. Organic ingredients go beyond just health and wellness, and contribute so much to the taste and flavor of a recipe. So, if you think that you're making something healthy and buying fruits, veggies, or meats so maybe you don't need to spend the extra to go organic here – let me sway your thinking.
Organic ingredients are made in a more pure way, therefore using no additives, no GMOs, and minimal ingredients. This really allows the true ingredients to shine – and because of that their flavor shines through. Therefore, organic ingredients are more flavorful than their non organic counterparts. So, just because it's already a healthy recipe, or you're already buying good for you ingredients – it doesn't mean you can skip organic! Trust me here, and make the switch. Your body and your taste buds will thank you!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Mahi Mahi Street TacosDifficulty: Easy
Taco Tuesday just got sweeter. These Mahi Mahi Street Tacos are topped with a homemade slaw, fresh mango, avocado, salsa, cilantro and lime!
1 heaping cup chopped organic purple cabbage
1/2 cup organic grated carrots
1/2 cup organic diced red onion
1/2 cup chopped organic cilantro
1/4 cup organic sour cream
juice of 1/2 organic lime
salt and pepper to taste
- For the Fish
1 pound wild caught Mahi Mahi
1/4 teaspoon organic garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon organic onion powder
1/8 teaspoon organic cumin
1/8 teaspoon organic cayenne
1/8 teaspoon organic paprika
salt and papper
2 tablespoons organic avocado oil
- For the Tacos
La Tortilla Factory Organic Corn & Wheat Tortillas
organic mango, chopped
organic avocado, chopped
- To make the slaw: In a medium bowl, add the cabbage, carrots, red onion, cilantro, sour cream, and lime juice and mix together. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- To make the fish: In a small bowl add the garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne, paprika, and a generous amount of salt and pepper. Mix together, and then coat the fish with the spice rub.
- Put a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the avocado oil, and then add in the Mahi Mahi. Cook over medium heat until the fish is lightly browned on each side. Cover with a lid, reduce heat to medium/low and continue to cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until the fish is almost done. Uncover, and break up the fish using a spatula, and continue to cook until fully cooked.
- To assemble the tacos: Heat a tortilla over medium heat until warm. Add Mahi Mahi, slaw, salsa, mango, avocado, and top with a squeeze of lime juice. Serve immediately.
- Store extra fish or toppings in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Gluten Free – Use organic corn tortillas.
- High Altitude – Follow the recipe as noted.
Subscribe to Mimi's Organic Eats!
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Garlic Lime Chicken Tacos recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think will like it too!