I am using Kettle & Fire Chicken Bone Broth in this instead of milk in this classic quiche that I load with veggies and cheese! The addition of bone broth gives this dish even more protein, making it the perfect breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
And, I am using Kettle & Fire Chicken Bone Broth in this instead of milk, which adds added nutrients and protein! You can actually substitute bone broth for milk in any quiche recipe, even any of my other ones like my Broccoli Cheddar Quiche. Use code MIMIBAKESCOOKIES for 20% off your Kettle & Fire order!
I am also using Raw Farm Shredded Cheddar Cheese for this recipe. If you remember my post 5 Reasons to Grate Your Own Cheese, then you know that shredded cheese is not usually good. However, Raw doesn't use any stabilizers in their shredded cheese! So, theirs is safe to use if you are trying to avoid stabilizers. You can also grate your own cheese for this recipe too!
Tips for Cheesy Veggie Quiche
• Make sure your butter is cold, this goes for anytime you are making any kind of flaky crust or pie crust. You can read more tips on my All Butter Pie Crust post.
• You can use any kind of veggies you have on hand for this quiche. I just used ones that I like together, but other ones that would also be delicious would be broccoli, squash, kale, spinach, different colors of pepper, this is a really flexible recipe as far as the veggies go!
• If you don't have Kettle & Fire Chicken Bone Broth you can substitute milk in its place. But, if you haven't tried Kettle & Fire Chicken Bone Broth yet then I would highly recommend trying it! I love it, we use it all the time, it's so delicious and it has amazing health benefits plus added protein to whatever you cook with it. Use code MIMIBAKESCOOKIES for 20% off your Kettle & Fire order!
• Make sure to bake until the quiche looks set. It may jiggle just a little bit, but the middle should not look wet or liquid in any way. Don't be afraid to bake it a little bit longer if you need to, everyone's oven is a little different.
• Make sure to let cool completely before cutting into.
• If you want to re-heat it after it has cooled, the toaster oven or oven is your best option. Never put quiche in the microwave to reheat it as you will destroy the flaky crust, it will become soggy. Quiche is amazing when it's reheated, it tastes like you just made it, as long as it's reheated properly. I reheat slices in my Cuisinart Air Fryer at 350 on Bake for 10 minutes. You can also use your toaster oven or your oven, just put it on a low setting as you're just wanting to reheat it.
• Make sure to store extra quiche in the fridge, it will last for up to 5 days. Just be sure to cover it so it doesn't dry out.
Ingredients for Cheesy Veggie Quiche
Cairnspring Mills Organic All Purpose Flour (use code MIMIORGANIC15 for 15% off your order!)
Organic Baby Bella Mushrooms
Organic Orange Bell Peppers
Organic Red Onion
Why go organic?
You may be wondering why I push organic ingredients for everything, even savory and healthy dishes. Organic ingredients go beyond just health and wellness, and contribute so much to the taste and flavor of a recipe. So, if you think that you're making something healthy and buying fruits, veggies, or meats so maybe you don't need to spend the extra to go organic here – let me sway your thinking.
Organic ingredients are made in a more pure way, therefore using no additives, no GMOs, and minimal ingredients. This really allows the true ingredients to shine – and because of that their flavor shines through. Therefore, organic ingredients are more flavorful than their non organic counterparts. So, just because it's already a healthy recipe, or you're already buying good for you ingredients – it doesn't mean you can skip organic! Trust me here, and make the switch. Your body and your taste buds will thank you!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Cheesy Veggie QuicheDifficulty: Intermediate
This Cheesy Veggie Quiche is a healthy option for breakfast, brunch or even lunch. I use organic bone broth in place of milk in this delicious veggie packed quiche! Use code MIMIBAKESCOOKIES for 20% off your Kettle & Fire order!
127 grams (1 cup) organic all purpose flour, plus extra for rolling
1/2 cup (113 grams) organic salted butter, cold
1/4 cup cold water
4 organic large eggs
1/2 teaspoon organic dried rosemary
1/4 teaspoon organic onion powder
fine sea salt and black pepper to taste
1/2 cup Raw Farm Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/2 organic orange pepper, diced
1/2 organic zucchini, sliced
3 baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
2 slices organic red onion, diced
- To make the crust: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment add the flour.
- Remove butter from the fridge and chop into small cubes, the smaller your cubes are the flakier your crust. I recommend at least cutting the sticks of butter into 4 and then chop into small cubes from there. Add the cold cubed butter to the flour mixture. Measure out cold water and have ready.
- Turn mixer on low and slowly start to incorporate all the ingredients. Gradually turn mixer to medium speed. Once the butter mixture looks like wet sand, immediately add in all the water. As soon as the dough comes together, stop mixer.
- Using your hands, form the dough into a disk and place in plastic wrap. Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Remove the pie dough from the fridge. Remove the plastic wrap and place on a floured surface. Roll out the into a disk that is 1/4-inch thick, it should be about 11-inches in diameter. Place the pie dough into the pie pan, and press lightly to form against the pan. It should be large enough that the dough folds right over the top of the pan.
- Roll the excess dough into the pie pan so it’s even with the edges of the pie pan. Flute the edges by using your thumb and index finger of your right hand to pinch the rolled edge of dough and push your index finger of your left hand into it to create the “flute”. Continue around the entire pie to flute the edges.
- Place a piece of parchment paper into the pie pan and form it to the sides. Add rice or pie weights and parbake for 20 minutes. Remove the parchment paper and weights, and bake for another 10 minutes. The pie dough may puff up, you can push it down with your hands before adding filling.
- To make the filling: Add the eggs, bone broth, rosemary, onion powder, and salt and pepper and whisk together. (I just add a little salt and pepper here, as you can always salt and pepper it to your liking after it’s cooked.) Add the cheese, orange pepper, zucchini, and red onion and stir to combine. Transfer to the quiche crust and spread evenly.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the crust with a little bit of the filling before baking as this will help create that golden brown and shiny crust that is so good!
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until set. Serve immediately with sea salt and pepper.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- High Altitude – Parbake at 350°F for 15 minutes, remove parchment paper and weights and bake for another 10 minutes. Once filled, bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until set.
Subscribe to Mimi's Organic Eats!
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Broccoli Cheddar Quiche recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think will like it too!