Made on sourdough bread and loaded with garlic, cheese, veggies and summer sausage! This Air Fryer Loaded Garlic Bread is an easy appetizer, lunch, or even light dinner. When it's this easy to make, you'll be making this Air Fryer Loaded Garlic Bread all the time!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
This easy recipe for Air Fryer Loaded Garlic Bread is something that comes together in minutes but is an incredibly delicious lunch or snack! I make this all the time and switch up the veggies to whatever I have in my fridge. This recipe is really versatile as you can use a variety of different toppings!
I posted a photo of Loaded Garlic Bread in my stories last month and asked if you guys wanted the recipe. And the response was overwhelming. I was just making a quick lunch, with leftover items I had in my fridge, and I though it came out pretty well – and apparently you guys did too! So, I am going to show you how to make loaded garlic bread with my recipe for this delicious Air Fryer Loaded Garlic Bread.
I have made this recipe many times since then, and it is amazing each time. This is such a quick and easy lunch or would even make a great appetizer for a dinner party. Not only that, but this is such an easy air fryer recipe! I have a Cuisinart Air Fryer, you can find it here. So, mine has a rack inside like a toaster oven. So, this recipe is so easy to make and it literally takes minutes! And if you are looking for an air fryer, this is the one. I couldn't be happier with it.
Now I will show you how to make loaded garlic bread! First, I start by making a garlic bread. If you want to know how to make homemade garlic bread you can stop right here, and just do this – you don't have to load it with stuff, but it's delicious if you do!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Loaded Garlic Bread
Organic Sourdough Bread You can make your own sourdough, or you can buy it. Either way, is fine! I have been buying the Organic Artisan Oroweat Sourdough at Vons, and it's truly amazing for what it is. If you have a good organic bakery by you that makes bread, obviously, I would recommend getting bread from them. But, if not, this one is awesome and easy.
Organic Salted Butter You have to have butter for garlic bread, it's just a must. I use salted butter, as always, as I believe it is better! My favorite is Organic Valley, but you can buy whatever organic salted butter you like, even Costco brand is good!
Fresh Organic Garlic Cloves Make sure you have the good stuff here. Buy fresh organic garlic cloves. It only takes a couple, but this is where the flavor comes from.
Organic Mozzarella Cheese You can buy the block or the shredded, either one is fine. I always prefer to buy the block and grate it myself, as the shredded cheeses have stabilizers in them (yes, even the organic ones) and sometimes they upset my stomach. So, if you've noticed that, try buying block instead and see if it makes a difference, as I know it does for me. My favorite is Organic Valley Mozzarella.
Organic Summer Sausage This sliced organic summer sausage is my new found love. It is so good! You can find my favorite Organic Prairie Summer Sausage here.
Organic Tomatoes I used Roma tomatoes here, as it is what I had in my fridge leftover from another shoot. But, you can use any kind you like!
Organic Red Onion I love red onion, it is one of my favorite veggies and I eat it often. It provides such a unique and amazing flavor to many things. You could also use a white or yellow onion in its place.
Organic Fresh Basil This just gives it a little something extra. I love adding fresh herbs, especially basil! You could also use other herbs like fresh parsley or rosemary and those would be delicious too.
You can also switch it up for different toppings to load up your garlic bread with whatever you love. This is a super easy and adaptable recipe that you can make your own!
Other toppings that would be good too:
Organic bell peppers
Organic black olives
Organic parmesan cheese
Tips for Air Fryer Loaded Garlic Bread
• I use my air fryer for this recipe, as it is similar to a toaster oven so I can set the breads right inside. You can also use a toaster oven or your oven if you re making a lot for a party! If you are using your oven, just use a cookie sheet (no foil) and you'll be all set.
• If your bread is very large, you may need more butter and garlic if it isn't covering all of it. This was the amount I used for my bread that I listed above. But, if you have fresh homemade bread or bakery bread, it may be larger and you may have to double the recipe to fill up the bread!
• Make sure to check your bread while its cooking as all air fryers and ovens are a little different. This bakes up quick! So, it can burn easily if not being watched.
• Adding some fresh parmesan on top would also be amazing! Or you can even dip it in marinara sauce too!
Why go organic?
You may be wondering why I push organic ingredients for everything, even savory and healthy dishes. Organic ingredients go beyond just health and wellness, and contribute so much to the taste and flavor of a recipe. So, if you think that you're making something healthy and buying fruits, veggies, or meats so maybe you don't need to spend the extra to go organic here – let me sway your thinking.
Organic ingredients are made in a more pure way, therefore using no additives, no GMOs, and minimal ingredients. This really allows the true ingredients to shine – and because of that their flavor shines through. Therefore, organic ingredients are more flavorful than their non organic counterparts. So, just because it's already a healthy recipe, or you're already buying good for you ingredients – it doesn't mean you can skip organic! Trust me here, and make the switch. Your body and your taste buds will thank you!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Air Fryer Loaded Garlic BreadDifficulty: Easy
This Air Fryer Loaded Garlic Bread is an easy recipe to make for lunch, dinner, or just a snack. Try out all the different toppings I suggest in the post as well!
2 slices organic sourdough bread
3 tablespoons organic salted butter
2 organic large garlic cloves, minced
1 cup organic shredded mozzarella cheese
1 organic tomato
8 slices organic summer sausage, sliced
2 slices organic red onion, diced
organic fresh basil
- On a piece of foil, place the two pieces of sourdough bread.
- In a small bowl melt the butter (I just used microwave for 30 seconds). Add the minced garlic to the melted butter. Using a pastry brush, brush the breads with the garlic and butter mixture.
- Add mozzarella cheese onto the breads, reserving about 1/4 of the cheese for the top.
- Slice the tomato and add onto each bread. Top with the sliced summer sausage, red onion, and the remaining cheese.
- Place in your air fryer at 400°F for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melty, lightly browned and the bread is crispy.
- Top with fresh basil.
- Gluten Free – Use gluten free bread.
- High Altitude – Follow the recipe as noted.
Subscribe to Mimi's Organic Eats!
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Dill Cream Cheese Spread recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!