If you were a fan of fudge pops growing up, then you will love these Vegan Fudge Pops! I use So Delicious Chocolate Yogurt and three other simple ingredients for this simple four ingredient recipe that you'll want to make all summer long!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
I recently discovered So Delicious Chocolate Yogurt and it literally blew my mind. Last time we were down south I bought a ton of them because I hadn't ever seen them up here in Mammoth. I ate one every day I was out of town, and I managed to bring a few back home with me! And I decided to make these Vegan Fudge Pops.
Fudge pops or fudgesicles were my all time favorite popsicles as a kid. Because I love chocolate! They are creamy, chocolatey, and cool. The perfect treat on a hot summer day, you can never go wrong with a fudge pop. Traditionally they are made with milk, however, I have made this one vegan using coconut milk and So Delicious Chocolate Yogurt.
This easy recipe for Vegan Fudge Pops has just four simple ingredients. Yes, four ingredient Vegan Fudge Pops! I use organic coconut milk, organic cane sugar, organic Dutch cocoa, and So Delicious Chocolate Yogurt. This is the best recipe to stock your freezer to have a cool treat on hand. Also, be sure to check out my Lemon Popsicles as they are also vegan too!
Tips for Vegan Fudge Pops
• I use silicone popsicle molds for these, which I highly recommend! You can also use the classic plastic mold too, but I find these are so much easier to remove the popsicles from.
• You can use any kind of organic coconut milk you like. I usually use Real Coco Coconut Milk as it's my favorite flavor and has very minimal ingredients. But, I really love So Delicious Unsweetened Vanilla as I think it's the creamiest, and it most resembles traditional milk. I like to drink that one on its own, and also use it in recipes. But, if I can't find either of those, I will also buy the Vita Coco. This one is good for baking with, and it's shelf stable so I can always have it on hand for when I need it, but it's not my favorite to drink.
• I use Dutch cocoa powder in this recipe, which is different than natural cocoa powder. If you only have natural cocoa powder, you can use it in its place. However, natural cocoa powder isn't as sweet or as dark.
Ingredients for Vegan Fudge Pops
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Vegan Fudge PopsDifficulty: Easy
Try making this recipe for Vegan Fudge Pops the next time your chocolate craving hits. I use organic chocolate yogurt in this recipe for a healthy and delicious fudge pop!
2 cups organic coconut milk
150 grams (2/3 cup) organic cane sugar
57 grams (2/3 cup) organic Dutch cocoa
two 5.6 oz containers So Delicious Chocolate Yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, add the coconut milk, cane sugar, and cocoa. Put over medium heat, and whisk to combine completely. Continue to heat and whisk until it reaches 140°F on a drink thermometer. Really, just making sure the sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- Add in the yogurt and vanilla extract, and whisk to combine completely. Pour into the popsicles molds, and add in the sticks.
- Place in the freezer and allow to freeze for 24 hours.
- High Altitude — Follow the recipe as noted.
Subscribe to Mimi's Organic Eats!
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Healthy Orange Julius recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think will like it too!