This Real Simple Corn Salad is a delicious and easy summer salad that is an amazing side dish to any barbecue! Use up leftover chicken or steak and add it in to make this a light and delicious meal.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
This Simple Corn Salad recipe uses is a great side dish for any barbecue! It’s light, full of veggies, and it pairs well with chicken, steak, or burgers. You can easily use up leftovers in this salad which is one of the reasons I really love it!
If you have leftover corn on the cob you can use that for the corn. You can also easily use canned corn if you want to make this recipe super simple, both will work just fine. You can also add in leftover chicken or steak into this Real Simple Corn Salad to make this a meal that uses up leftovers from a barbecue.
Ingredients for Real Simple Corn Salad
Organic Corn (corn on the cobb or canned corn, either will work!)
Organic Grape Tomatoes I prefer Grape Tomatoes here over Cherry Tomatoes because they are meatier and don’t have as much moisture. Learn about The Difference Between Cherry and Grape Tomatoes. You can use Grape Tomatoes here if that’s all you have though!
Organic Red Onion
Organic Fresh Parsley
Tips for Real Simple Corn Salad
• I love using leftovers to make this Real Simple Corn Salad! Use up leftover corn or add in chicken or steak to make this a light and delicious summer meal.
• If you’re making this Real Simple Corn Salad ahead of time, do not salt it. When you add salt to vegetables like cucumber and tomatoes that have a lot of moisture, the salt will draw out the moisture, leaving it in the salad. This salad is best when prepared and eaten right away. If you must make it ahead of time, leave the salt until the end!
• This Real Simple Corn Salad isn’t great to store as leftovers because of the salt I mentioned above. You can half the recipe if you won’t eat it all and then make it again the following day with the rest and it will be more fresh!
• Add in chicken or steak to make this Real Simple Corn Salad a delicious meal as opposed to just a side dish!
Why go organic?
You may be wondering why I push organic ingredients for everything, even savory and healthy dishes. Organic ingredients go beyond just health and wellness, and contribute so much to the taste and flavor of a recipe. So, if you think that you're making something healthy and buying fruits, veggies, or meats so maybe you don't need to spend the extra to go organic here – let me sway your thinking.
Organic ingredients are made in a more pure way, therefore using no additives, no GMOs, and minimal ingredients. This really allows the true ingredients to shine – and because of that their flavor shines through. Therefore, organic ingredients are more flavorful than their non organic counterparts. So, just because it's already a healthy recipe, or you're already buying good for you ingredients – it doesn't mean you can skip organic! Trust me here, and make the switch. Your body and your taste buds will thank you!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Real Simple Corn SaladDifficulty: Easy
This Real Simple Corn Salad is a summer recipe you must make! Use corn on the cob and fresh veggies for a light and delicious side salad to any barbecue!
3 cups organic corn
1 pint organic grape tomatoes
1 large organic cucumber, diced
2 organic avocado, diced
1/2 cup diced organic red onion
1/4 cup chopped organic parsley
2 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 teaspoon organic black pepper
- If using leftover corn on the cob, cut off the corn from the cob. You can also use canned corn.
- Chop cherry tomatoes in half or quarters, depending on size.
- In a large bowl, add the corn, tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, red onion, and parsley.
- Add olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine completely.
- Add in leftover meat like chicken or steak!
- High Altitude – Follow the recipe as noted.
Subscribe to Mimi's Organic Eats!
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Strawberry Whipped Cream Cake recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!