Moist, lightly browned, and perfectly spiced with everything bagel spices. These Everything Bagel Scones are an amazing breakfast or brunch recipe that everyone will love!
Guys, I have been so excited to share this recipe! I have been wanting to make this recipe since the beginning of the year, and I finally made it a couple months ago. And, these Everything Bagel Scones were everything I hoped they would be. So, this easy recipe for Everything Bagel Scones is now making its way to you!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
These scones are a delicious savory breakfast bake! They are moist and filled with delicious spices that you'd find in an everything bagel. You can top them with cream cheese, butter, or just eat them plain! I love pairing these with some fruit and a warm cup of tea in the morning.
I love everything bagels, they are one of the all time classic breakfast items that is always good, in my opinion. And I've had this this FreshJax Everything Bagel Seasoning in my pantry forever and I've been dying to use it because it looks amazing. And it is, it is so good! I want to buy more of their seasonings. If you've tried them, let me know your faves!
I didn’t grow up eating scones, I actually hadn’t even had one until like seven years ago maybe. They just weren’t something my parents ever bought growing up. And even though I worked at Starbucks when I was a teenager, I honestly never ate or drank much there as it wasn’t organic and I never thought that the things I did try were even that good, haha!
So fast forward to now as I’ve gotten more and more adventurous and creative in my own kitchen, scones are something I really enjoy baking! And they have become some of my most viewed recipes here like my Maple Cranberry Scones. So now I make scones often, as Delaney loves them too. This easy scone recipe is perfect for any lazy morning. You can eat these Everything Bagel Scones with cream cheese, butter, or they are even delicious plain!
Ingredients for Everything Bagel Scones
Why go organic?
You may be wondering why I push organic ingredients for everything, even savory and healthy dishes. Organic ingredients go beyond just health and wellness, and contribute so much to the taste and flavor of a recipe. So, if you think that you're making something healthy and buying fruits, veggies, or meats so maybe you don't need to spend the extra to go organic here – let me sway your thinking.
Organic ingredients are made in a more pure way, therefore using no additives, no GMOs, and minimal ingredients. This really allows the true ingredients to shine – and because of that their flavor shines through. Therefore, organic ingredients are more flavorful than their non organic counterparts. So, just because it's already a healthy recipe, or you're already buying good for you ingredients – it doesn't mean you can skip organic! Trust me here, and make the switch. Your body and your taste buds will thank you!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Everything Bagel SconesDifficulty: Easy
Just like your favorite bagel, these Everything Bagel Scones are full of flavor! You can serve them with cream cheese or eat them plain.
284 grams (2 1/4 cups) organic all purpose flour
75 grams (1/3 cup) organic cane sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon organic everything bagel seasoning
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/2 cup (113 grams) organic salted butter, cold
1 organic large egg
113 grams (1/2 cup) organic cream cheese
1/4 cup organic milk
1 organic large egg
2 tablespoons organic everything bagel seasoning
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To make the dough: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the flour, cane sugar, baking powder, everything bagel seasoning, and sea salt. Mix on low to for 2 to 3 rotations to combine the dry ingredients.
- Using a large grater, grate the butter and add to the flour mixture. Don’t mix yet.
- Add the egg, cream cheese, and milk, and mix on low to combine. You’ll have to scrape the bowl to help combine the dry ingredients, and I find it’s easier to finish combining with your hands.
- Using your hands, form the dough into a round disk that is about 7-inches in diameter. Using a sharp knife, cut into 6 triangle pieces like a pie. Separate the pieces so they are spaced evenly apart.
- In a small dish, add the egg and whisk together. Using a pastry brush, brush the tops and sides of the scones to coat completely. Top with the additional everything bagel seasoning.
- Place the baking sheet in the fridge for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Bake for 20 to 24 minutes or until lightly golden brown on the bottoms. Allow to cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Store in a cool dry place for up to 3 days.
- Gluten Free — Replace the all purpose flour with 310 grams (2 cups) organic gluten free flour blend.
- High Altitude — Bake at 400°F for 18 to 22 minutes or until lightly golden brown on the bottoms.
Subscribe to Mimi's Organic Eats!
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Maple Cranberry Scones recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think will like it too!