This Easy Hot Chocolate Dip is a crowd pleasing sweet dip that is perfect for Valentine’s Day! I use Lake Champlain Organic Dark Hot Chocolate Mix to make this creamy chocolate dip.
If you’re looking for more Valentine’s Day recipes, be sure to check out some of my other favorites like Valentine’s Day Cookie Skillet, Homemade Valentine’s Day Chocolate Box, or Valentine’s Peanut Butter Blossoms.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
Easy: This Easy Hot Chocolate Dip is exactly that – easy! You just need 4 ingredients about 10 minutes and you have a delicious dip that tastes just like hot cocoa.
Chocolatey Goodness: This is a sweet dip that’s full of chocolatey goodness. Rich, creamy, but incredibly light, which makes this chocolate dip perfect for Valentine’s Day.
Perfect for a Party: If you are hosting a party this Valentine’s Day (or anytime during the winter) this easy Hot Chocolate Dip is a fun recipe to serve at a party. I serve this with my Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Mini Cookies, but you can also serve it with fresh fruit, graham crackers, pretzels, or animal crackers.
I created this recipe for Easy Hot Chocolate Dip with my friends at Lake Champlain Chocolates! I’m a huge fan of Lake Champlain Chocolates for many reasons. But, above all else, they are the only company that makes amazing Valentine's Day organic chocolates. Check them out for delicious organic chocolates!
Ingredients for Easy Hot Chocolate Dip
Tips for Easy Hot Chocolate Dip
• Make sure you whip the cream and vanilla together until stiff peaks form. You are making whipped cream here! This lends the whipped cream flavor to the dip, but also gives it a great fluffy and creamy texture.
• I used Lake Champlain Organic Dark Hot Chocolate Mix for this recipe. But, you could use their Traditional Organic Hot Cocoa Mix or even one of their flavored ones like Organic Peppermint Hot Cocoa Mix or Organic Mocha Hot Cocoa Mix.
• I serve this recipe with my Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Mini Cookies, but you can also serve it with anything you like. Other delicious options include pretzels, graham crackers, animal crackers, and fresh strawberries.
• You can make this dip ahead of your party if need be. If you do that, just be sure to store it in an airtight container in the fridge until you are ready to serve it.
Is marshmallow creme the same as fluff?
Yes, so I use the Toonie Moonie Vanilla Marshmallow Creme in this recipe as they are the only ones that make an organic marshmallow creme (or fluff)! They are my top choice for fluff.
Can I make this ahead of time?
Yes, you can easily make this dip ahead of time! Just make it anytime and put it in an airtight container in the fridge until you are ready to serve it.
What can I serve this Easy Hot Chocolate Dip with?
I love serving this with cookies! My Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Mini Cookies make the perfect dipping cookie as they are bite sized! You can also serve this with graham crackers, animal crackers, pretzels or anything else you would like to dip in chocolate!
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
You May Also Like
Easy Hot Chocolate Dip
- In a small bowl, add the heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract. Using a hand mixer, whisk until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the marshmallow crème and Lake Champlain Organic Dark Hot Chocolate Mix and stir together.
- Fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture and stir until smooth.
- Serve with bite sized cookies, animal crackers, graham crackers, or pretzels and add Lake Champlain Organic Chocolate Hearts and Flowers for a Valentine’s Day dessert!
Subscribe to Mimi's Organic Eats!
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my article 12 Naturally Pink Valentine's Day Treats if you are looking for more naturally pink recipes that do not include artificial colors!