This easy three ingredient recipe for Chocolate Dipped Animal Crackers uses some of my favorite store bought organic animal crackers, dark chocolate, and rainbow sprinkles without any artificial colors!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
With summer upon us, I have a no bake dessert recipe for you today! These are one of my favorite snacks or desserts. I love animal crackers, I love them so much. It was one of the treats my mom actually allowed us to have growing up, and I coveted them whenever she let us buy them! If I could have melted chocolate, dipped them in, and added sprinkles as I kid – I totally would have!
But, as they said in Step Brothers, “Even better, we got them when we're forty!” And I got them even before I'm forty, so I'll take it! This is a super easy recipe, even one that your kids can help with and it will be so much fun for them. Grab the recipe below for my Chocolate Dipped Animal Crackers.
Tips for Chocolate Dipped Animal Crackers
• Use your favorite animal crackers! I love the Kirkland Organic Animal Crackers but the Trader Joe's Organic Animal Crackers are my second favorite. Use whichever ones you like best, or even if you have another organic favorite – tell me, I'd love to hear what it is!
• I am using ColorKitchen Nonpareil Sprinkles in these Chocolate Dipped Animal Crackers, but if you want to use traditional rainbow sprinkles you can use those as well. My favorite are India Tree's Nature's Colors Carnival Sprinkles. Or if you are looking for a more bright and vibrant sprinkle, then use ColorKitchen Rainbow Sprinkles.
• I don't temper the chocolate in this recipe, as I store them in the fridge as I like to eat them out of the fridge. If you want to serve them at a party, especially given the warm weather, I would definitely temper the chocolate! If you want to do that, simply add only 80% of the dark chocolate into the double boiler, melt it until it reaches 115°F on a chocolate thermometer, remove from the heat. Then add in the remaining dark chocolate and stir to combine. Allow the chocolate to come back down to 91°F and then use it.
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Chocolate Dipped Animal CrackersDifficulty: Easy
This easy 3 ingredient recipe for Chocolate Dipped Animal Crackers is so simple and so delicious! You can also use milk chocolate or white chocolate in place of dark to mix it up!
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a double boiler, melt the chocolate. Remove from the heat.
- Dip half of each animal cracker into the melted chocolate, and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with rainbow sprinkles. Place the baking sheet in the fridge for 1 hour to set.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
- Gluten Free – Use gluten free animal crackers.
- High Altitude – Follow the recipe as noted.
Subscribe to Mimi's Organic Eats!
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Chocolate Dipped Almond Shortbread Cookies recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think will like it too!