I shared a reel a couple weeks ago of my Mint Chocolate Coconut Squares, which is an old recipe, but you guys all were loving it. And that is one of my favorite recipes, I made them because I was craving something simple and sweet and those always hit the spot. So, I made a more classic take and am sharing these Dark Chocolate Coconut Squares today!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
These Dark Chocolate Coconut Squares are insanely easy to make! While they look seriously impressive in their cute little square shape, with that chocolate drizzle on top and flaky sea salt – these are such an easy dessert to make! That is only part of why I love them.
I love coconut, it's one of my favorite things, so these are filled inside with a creamy coconut filling that is light and not too sweet. Then, they are coated in dark chocolate and sprinkled with flaky sea salt. This sweet and salty combo is something I always crave, so these always hit the spot. I love stashing these in my freezer because they thaw in minutes! Making them the best secret chocolate stash ever.
These have the same filling as my Mint Chocolate Coconut Squares, and are coated in dark chocolate as well, but I add a flaky sea salt on top for a sweet and salty treat. This easy coconut chocolate candy recipe would make an amazing Valentine’s Day treat!
This healthy candy recipe only has 6 simple ingredients! My Dark Chocolate Coconut Squares are an easy coconut chocolate candy recipe that I know you will love. These Dark Chocolate Coconut Squares are filled with a creamy coconut filling, topped with dark chocolate, and a sprinkle of flaky sea salt on top.
If you are looking for a healthy candy recipe to enjoy this Valentine’s Day, give these Dark Chocolate Coconut Squares a try! I’ll be making a Valentine’s Day Chocolate Box using them soon, so make them now, stash them in the freezer, and be ready to make Valentine’s Day Chocolate Boxes with me soon!
Can I make these ahead of time?
Absolutely! This is an amazing candy to make far advance if need be. Just store them in a Tupperware in the freezer until ready to eat or serve.
Can I use regular milk?
Yes, you can use regular organic cow’s milk, or you can use almond milk. Any kind of milk will work, but I prefer coconut milk here as it provides more coconut flavor.
Can I use milk chocolate?
Yes! If you want to cover these in milk chocolate or even white chocolate, you can do that as well. Whatever type of chocolate you prefer is fine.
Do I need to put flaky sea salt on top?
No, this is totally optional. I love sweet and salty, so I love the addition of the flaky sea salt on these. But, feel free to leave it off if you prefer. You could also add a sprinkle of fine shredded coconut on top or even white sprinkles!
Ingredients for Dark Chocolate Coconut Squares
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Dark Chocolate Coconut SquaresDifficulty: Easy
This easy coconut candy recipe for Dark Chocolate Coconut Squares is a healthy candy recipe that you will love! Try making this simple candy today!
4 tablespoons (57 grams) organic salted butter, softened
142 grams (1 cup) organic powdered sugar, sifted
170 grams (2 cups) organic unsweetened fine shredded coconut
1/4 cup organic coconut milk
10 ounces organic dark chocolate chips
Flaky sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To make the filling: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, powdered sugar, coconut, and coconut milk. Mix on low until combined. Using your hands, form into 14 squares that are about 1 1/2-inches and place on the prepared baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the freezer. Let sit for 15 to 20 minutes or until they are firm.
- To make the coating: Using a double boiler, add about 80% of the dark chocolate. Melt until it reaches 115°F on a chocolate thermometer. Remove from heat and add in the remaining chocolate and stir to combine completely. Allow the chocolate to come down to 91°F.
- Drop each coconut square into the dark chocolate, and using a fork remove it so the excess chocolate can drip off. Place back on the baking sheet.
- Once all the squares have been dipped, put the baking sheet back in the freezer. Allow to sit in the freezer for about 10 minutes until the chocolate is hardened again, then dip the squares again for a second time. Place back in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Drizzle the remaining chocolate on top and sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.
Subscribe to Mimi's Organic Eats!
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Chocolate Peanut Caramel Candies recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!