In this take on classic chocolate chip cookies I use King Arthur Organic Rye Flour to create these Rye Chocolate Chip Cookes that are sweet and nutty. Adding rye flour in addition to all purpose flour adds a hearty flavor that makes these cookies perfect for fall baking!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
These Rye Chocolate Chip Cookies taste sweet, salty, and hearty with the addition of the rye flour. They are a perfect chocolate chip cookie for fall. These Rye Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft, chewy and bursting with flavor.
They will make you just say that's a really good chocolate chip cookie. I hope you'll try out these Rye Chocolate Chip Cookies! These are one of my new favorite chocolate chip cookie recipes, and they will be made often in my house.
Ingredients for Rye Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cairnspring Mills Organic All Purpose Flour (use code MIMIORGANIC15 for 15% off your order!)
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Rye Chocolate Chip CookiesDifficulty: Easy
These soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies are made with rye flour for a hearty fall cookie that you are sure to love! You'll want a glass of milk to go with these.
1/2 cup (113 grams) organic salted butter, softened
226 grams (1 cup) organic packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
2 organic large eggs
165 grams (1 1/4 cups) organic all purpose flour
90 grams (1 cup) organic rye flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
198 grams (1 cup) organic semi sweet chocolate chips
Flaky sea salt
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, light brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix on low until combined, then continue to cream butter and sugar for 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, all purpose flour, rye flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt in that order and mix on low until combined into a dough. Add the chocolate chips, and mix on low to combine.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using your hands, form the dough into 24 balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line another baking sheet with parchment paper. Transfer half the cookies to the second baking sheet, and space them 1-inch apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottoms. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt immediately after they come out of the oven. Allow to cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
- High Altitude — Bake at 375°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottoms.
Subscribe to Mimi's Organic Eats!
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think will like it too!