These easy White Chocolate Peppermint Pretzels have only 3 ingredients! This recipe is a an amazing quick and easy holiday recipe that you can add into cookie boxes or serve on a holiday platter!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
I use simple Organic Ancient Grain Spelt Pretzels for this recipe. I love these mini spelt pretzel twists, as they are so good! I dip half of each pretzel in a white chocolate peppermint. This simple combination of sweet, salty, and peppermint is the perfect sweet treat during the holidays.
Sometimes over the holidays, everything can be so indulgent or so over the top. That's why I really like this simple recipe for White Chocolate Peppermint Pretzels. You can have just a few and you feel like you had a sweet and holiday inspired treat.
But be careful, as these things are so delicious and so tiny you can eat so many without even realizing it! That’s what I did while making them yesterday! The best thing about this recipe is that it makes a bunch, which makes this a perfect holiday snack, addition to a holiday dessert table, or you can even wrap some up in cute holiday tins and gift them to friends and family.
White chocolate pretzels will always remind me of Christmas. My mom and I used to make them as part of our Holiday Cookie Boxes. During our crazy Holiday Cookie Box making mayhem, pretzels somehow found their way into our boxes. Sometimes we did white chocolate, sometimes milk chocolate – but the white chocolate ones were always my favorite.
Ingredients for White Chocolate Peppermint Pretzels
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
White Chocolate Peppermint PretzelsDifficulty: Easy
Sweet and salty pretzels are half dipped in peppermint white chocolate for a holiday treat that both easy and delicious!
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Fill a small pot third of the way with water. Put over high heat.
- In a heat proof bowl, add about 80% of the white chocolate. Melt until it reaches 100°F on a chocolate thermometer. Remove from heat.
- Immediately add in the remaining 20% of white chocolate, stir vigorously to combine completely so it’s smooth. Allow chocolate to reach temper, at 89°F. Then add in the peppermint flavor and stir to combine completely. Dip half of each pretzel into the white chocolate, set on prepared baking sheets.
- Repeat until all the chocolate is gone. Place baking sheets in the fridge to set, about 1 hour.
- Store in a cool dry place, or in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Gluten Free – Use gluten free pretzels!
- High Altitude – Follow recipe as noted.