This Vegan Chocolate Strawberry Banana Loaf Cake is moist and fluffy chocolate banana bread that's topped with dark chocolate, fresh strawberries, and bananas. Serve this beauty for brunch or dessert!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
I love making vegan desserts, even as someone who is not vegan. While I do make an effort to eat vegan sometimes, it’s not all the time for me as I love and enjoy all food! But that’s not to say that just because you’re not vegan doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy vegan desserts!
I feel like sometimes people write off vegan, gluten free, egg free, or dairy free recipes simply because they don’t categorize themselves as such. But just because you’re not in that box doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy something that is! So if you’re looking for more vegan recipes drop me a line and let me know what your requests are!
And in the meantime you should make this Vegan Chocolate Strawberry Banana Loaf Cake because it is so good! This is such an amazing summer loaf cake, and trust me, if you’re not vegan you wouldn’t even know the difference!
I use overly ripe bananas inside this loaf cake to give it a moist texture. I use dark chocolate on top to create a luscious velvety smooth chocolate topping, and I top this cake off with fresh strawberries and more bananas. This easy vegan loaf cake is summer in a loaf pan! Top it with some vanilla bean ice cream for an even fancier dessert, my favorite vegan ice cream is Coconut Bliss – or well Cosmic Bliss now. Did you know they changed their name recently? Yep, same amazing organic vegan ice cream but just a new name!
Ingredients for Vegan Chocolate Strawberry Banana Loaf
Organic Bananas (blackened is best for the cake, ripe is best for the topping)
Cairnspring Mills Organic All Purpose Flour (use code MIMIORGANIC15 for 15% off your order!)
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Vegan Chocolate Strawberry Banana LoafDifficulty: Easy
This simple vegan chocolate banana cake is topped with chocolate ganache, fresh strawberries, and bananas. The best part is this cake can double for breakfast too!
1/2 cup (113 grams) organic coconut oil, melted
113 grams (1/2 cup) organic cane sugar
57 grams (1/4 cup) packed organic light brown sugar
2 organic large organic bananas
1/2 cup organic coconut milk, room temperature
191 grams (1 1/2 cups) organic all purpose flour
43 grams (1/2 cup) organic Dutch cocoa powder, sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
2 ounces organic dark chocolate
1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
3 ounces organic strawberries, sliced
1 organic large banana, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 1-pound (8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch) loaf pan with parchment paper, letting it fold over the sides for easier removal.
- To make the batter: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the coconut oil, cane sugar, and light brown sugar. Mix on low until combined.
- Add the bananas and mix on low until combined.
- Add the coconut milk, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and sea salt in that order. Mix on low until combined and there are no bits of flour.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 1-pound loaf pan. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and spread out evenly. Bake for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Once the loaf has cooled, remove it from the pan.
- To make the topping: Using a double boiler, add the dark chocolate and coconut oil. Melt until completely melted. Remove from the heat, and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour the chocolate over the top of the loaf cake and add the sliced strawberries and bananas.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Gluten Free – Replace the cake flour for 191 grams (scant 1 1/4 cups) organic gluten free flour blend.
- High Altitude – Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Subscribe to Mimi's Organic Eats!
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Vegan Strawberry Carrot Cake recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think will like it too!