This recipe for Strawberry Granola Treats for Dogs is a fun recipe to make and share with your pup! This homemade granola snack is just as delicious for you to enjoy and it’s safe to share with your dog too making snack time a bonding experience!
If you love making food for your dog as much as I do, be sure to check out some of John John’s other favorite recipes like Chicken Dinner Recipe for Dogs, Peanut Butter Honey Dog Granola, or Homemade Turkey Meatloaf for Dogs.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
A Shared Snack: While most of my dog recipes are geared more for just dogs (as they would be bland for you to eat), this one is just as delicious for you and your pup! I use dog friendly ingredients like oats, honey, coconut oil, and strawberries that make a delicious granola treat that both you and your dog will love!
Snack or Food Topper: This Strawberry Granola Treats for Dogs makes for a delicious snack or food topper. John John loves granola as a “lunch” menu item, haha, as that’s when he usually walks into the pantry and politely asks for it. This makes a great snack to bring with you on the go or you can crumble it up to entice them to eat their dinner.
Snack for You: While this is completely safe and healthy for dogs to enjoy in moderation, you can also eat this too! I love this as a little snack throughout the day or you can even crush it up and add milk or granola for a delicious breakfast.
Bonding Experience: Incredibly easy, this Strawberry Granola Treats for Dogs recipe is something you can make along with your pup to bond together in the kitchen. They will have fun licking the spoon from the coconut oil and getting little bites of strawberries as you cut them.
Ingredients for Strawberry Granola Treats for Dogs
Kana Quarter Sheet Pan (get 10% off with code MIMIBAKES)
Parchment Paper (get my favorite nontoxic parchment paper and get 10% off with MIMIBAKES)
How to Make Strawberry Granola Treats for Dogs
Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a quarter sheet pan with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, add the rolled oats and fine shredded coconut and mix together.
In a small pot, add the coconut oil, honey, and olive oil. Put over medium heat and melt completely.
Add the strawberries and honey mixture to a high powered blender and blend until smooth.
Add the strawberry mixture into the bowl with the oats and fold to combine completely. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and spread evenly.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely on the baking sheet. Re-test baking time or double bake?
Once cooled, break into bite sized pieces.
Tips for Strawberry Granola Treats for Dogs
• I use organic rolled oats in this recipe. But, if your dog is gluten free or following a gluten free diet, be sure to buy oats that are labeled as gluten free.
• Be sure to destem the strawberries as the strawberry stems are not good for dogs. While the tops can be healthy for us to consume, dogs cannot digest them and it can lead to GI upset. So, always remove strawberry tops before sharing strawberries with your dog.
• If you want to use another fruit like blackberries or blueberries, you can do that as well! Both of these fruits are healthy and safe for dogs to eat!
• Make sure to bake until golden brown. If you under bake this recipe the granola treats will become soft and can get soggy.
• These are best eaten within a few days of making because of the fresh strawberries. That’s why it’s a great recipe to share with your dog! You can give them to your dog as treats or use as a food topper. And you can enjoy this as a snack or as breakfast with milk or granola.
• You can freeze this if you won’t eat it all within a few days. Just place in a freezer safe Tupperware or zip bag and remove some as you need it.
Can dogs have oats?
Yes, dogs can safely enjoy oats! They provide fiber, vitamins, and minerals like zinc and B vitamins. Oats are a great carb for dogs as long as they are fed in moderation as part of a healthy diet (just like us!).
Can dogs have strawberries?
Yes, strawberries are healthy and safe for dogs. They are loaded with vitamin C and antioxidants! They also have omega-3s which are great for your dogs skin and coat. Just be sure you do not give your dogs the strawberry leaves as those can cause GI upset as they are difficult to digest.
How should I share this with my dog?
My homemade Strawberry Granola Treats for Dogs are a great snack to share with your pup! You can break off small pieces and give them to your dog as a treat, or you can crumble up this granola and add on top of food as a food topper.
How should I store this?
This should be stored in a cool dry place, I use a glass canister (that's not airtight) like a cookie jar. Because this recipe is made with fresh strawberries, it does need to be eaten within a few days.
Why Organic for Your Dog?
You may be wondering why you should buy organic food for your dog. It's the same reasons that you should buy organic food for yourself. Your dog's health is important, just like yours. So, treating them right with organic ingredients will benefit their long term health.
And organic ingredients are much healthier for your dog to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients! And that counts for your pup too!
You May Also Like
Strawberry Granola Treats for Dogs
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a quarter sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, add the rolled oats and fine shredded coconut and mix together.
- In a small pot, add the coconut oil, honey, and olive oil. Put over medium heat and melt completely.
- Add the strawberries and honey mixture to a high powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the strawberry mixture into the bowl with the oats and fold to combine completely. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely on the baking sheet. Re-test baking time or double bake?
- Once cooled, break into bite sized pieces. Store in a cool dry place for up to 3 days. Or, freeze for up to 1 month.
Subscribe to Mimi's Organic Eats Channel
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for all the latest videos. Bake and cook along with John John and me on YouTube!
Subscribing is easy and just by subscribing, you are directly supporting my site!
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my classic Dog Cookies recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!