Moist, fluffy, and sweet, this Simple Confetti Layer Cake is perfect for any celebration! This simple one bowl layer cake is the best sprinkle cake with no artificial colors!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
You will love this Simple Confetti Layer Cake because it is so easy to make! This simple one bowl layer cake is a fail proof cake because it is an oil based cake! Making an oil based cake is easier than a butter based cake, because you can make them in one bowl and you always have a really smooth cake batter. So, if you are new to cake baking, then this Confetti Layer Cake is a must bake!
I use 8-inch cake pans for a very tall two layer cake. I love baking two layer cakes because there is more cake to frosting ratio, which is what I love! Plus, this sprinkle cake with no artificial colors is one you can feel good about serving to your friends and family!
How to Make this Simple Confetti Layer Cake
After you preheat the oven, this simple one bowl layer cake is so easy, you literally just add all ingredients into a bowl and mix! Yes, it’s that easy! I like to use my stand mixer with the paddle attachment, but you could use a hand mixer, or even a bowl and whisk!
After the batter is mixed, divide it between two 8-inch cake pans. If you don’t have 8-inch cake pans, you could also use 9-inch cake pans instead. Put the cake in the oven, and walk away for a while as this cake is big and thick, so it bakes for almost an hour!
Once the cake is cooled, it’s time to make the frosting. Add all ingredients to a stand mixer or hand mixer, and whip it up until it’s light and fluffy.
Crumb coat the cake, and then frost it with a little texture. I like to finish it with some texture instead or spiral as it’s easier to add sprinkles to the sides. I add some more sprinkles on top and halfway up the sides of this cake for a delicious and colorful sprinkle cake with no artificial colors!
Make sure to store this Confetti Layer Cake in an airtight container if you don’t finish it all.
Ingredients for Simple Confetti Layer Cake
Tools You'll Need
Stand Mixer (or hand mixer)
Cake Spinner (optional)
Two 8-inch Cake Pans (or 9-inch is also fine!)
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Simple Confetti Layer CakeDifficulty: Intermediate
This simple Confetti Layer Cake is perfect for any celebration! This simple one bowl layer cake is the best sprinkle cake with no artificial colors!
1 cup organic canola oil
1 1/4 cups organic milk
1/4 cup organic vanilla coffee creamer
2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
454 grams (2 cups) organic cane sugar
4 organic large eggs
462 grams (3 1/4 cups) organic pastry flour
127 grams (1 cup) organic all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons fine sea salt
85 grams (1/2 cup) India Tree Nature’s Colors Fiesta Sprinkles
1 1/2 cups (340 grams) organic salted butter, softened
567 grams (4 cups) organic powdered sugar
1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
3 tablespoons organic milk
India Tree Nature’s Colors Fiesta Sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two 8-inch cake pans with parchment paper.
- To make the batter: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the canola oil, milk, coffee creamer, cane sugar, vanilla extract, eggs, pastry flour, all purpose flour, baking powder, and sea salt in that order. Mix on low until combined into a smooth batter. Add in the sprinkles and mix to combine.
- Divide batter evenly into each cake pan, weighing about 910 grams each. Spread evenly.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow cakes to cool completely in the cake pans.
- To make the frosting: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and milk. Mix on low until combined, then speed mixer up to high and mix for 2 to 4 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- Crumb coat the cake, and then frost it with a little texture. Add sprinkles on top and hal way up the sides.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Learn how to crumb coat the cake with my step by step tutorial!
- High Altitude – Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Subscribe to Mimi's Organic Eats!
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Eggless Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache Frosting recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!