This classic Salami Sandwich gets an upgrade with Roasted Beet & Garlic Lemon Hummus, fresh lettuce, and light cheese.
Tips for Making the Best Salami Sandwich
• Use high quality salami. I cannot stress this enough! Buy the expensive stuff people. This is where you want to splurge, it will be totally worth it.
• Use a light cheese, not a sharp cheese. Salami is the star on this sandwich so keep the cheese simple. I used white cheddar here, but other options that would be equally delicious would be: provolone, Swiss, or mozzarella.
• Use a hummus you like. I used my Roasted Beet & Garlic Lemon Hummus, but you can use any kind you like.
• This is a great sandwich to pack and take with you. The hummus doesn't soak the bread like some sauces do, so if you're packing a lunch for work this one is a great one. You can store it in the fridge and it tastes just as good as if you just made it.
Why go organic?
You may be wondering why I push organic ingredients for everything, even savory and healthy dishes. Organic ingredients go beyond just health and wellness, and contribute so much to the taste and flavor of a recipe. So, if you think that you're making something healthy and buying fruits, veggies, or meats so maybe you don't need to spend the extra to go organic here – let me sway your thinking.
Organic ingredients are made in a more pure way, therefore using no additives, no GMOs, and minimal ingredients. This really allows the true ingredients to shine – and because of that their flavor shines through. Therefore, organic ingredients are more flavorful than their non organic counterparts. So, just because it's already a healthy recipe, or you're already buying good for you ingredients – it doesn't mean you can skip organic! Trust me here, and make the switch. Your body and your taste buds will thank you!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Salami SandwichDifficulty: Easy
This simple Salami Sandwich is elevated with homemade Roasted Beet & Garlic Lemon Hummus for an amazing take on a classic sandwich.
2 slices organic white bread
4 slices organic salami
1 to 2 slices organic white cheddar cheese
1 large slice of organic red onion
2 large leaves organic Romaine lettuce
- On one slice of bread, spread hummus generously. Top with salami, cheese, red onion slices, and lettuce. Top with second slice of bread.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 6 hours.
- Gluten Free – Use gluten free bread.
- High Altitude – Follow the recipe as noted.
Subscribe to Mimi's Organic Eats!
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Dill Cream Cheese Spread recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!