These fluffy and hearty Pumpkin Spice Pancakes are a delicious way to savor a lazy weekend morning. Enjoy them with some vanilla yogurt and fresh fruit or even the traditional butter and maple syrup.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
Today I'm sharing one of the recipes from my new book, The Mountain Baker. If you haven't gotten your copy yet, shop here to grab from your favorite bookseller. This is a must have cookbook for holiday baking season! If you travel back and forth between your mountain house then this book will be your best friend! All the recipes inside can be made at both high altitude or at sea level, with just one simple adjustment. So, this is the cookbook to gift, bring, and use no matter where you live.
With Thanksgiving this week, it's the last hurrah for pumpkin. So, I thought I'd share my Pumpkin Spice Pancakes recipe as this recipe is easily doubled or tripled if you have a large crowd. If you have guests at your house for Thanksgiving, you can whip up a batch of these easy pancakes on Thanksgiving morning to hold everyone over until turkey time. Serve as part of a brunch with eggs, fruit, and toast or just serve them on their own.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Pumpkin Spice PancakesDifficulty: Easy
Making pumpkin spice pancakes is the best way to spend a fall weekend morning. Serve these with butter, maple syrup, or apples.
1/2 cup (113 grams) organic salted butter
1 1/4 cups (177 grams) organic whole flour
1/4 cup (57 grams) organic cane sugar
1 teaspoon organic cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon organic cloves
1/2 teaspoon organic ginger
Pinch of organic nutmeg
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 organic large egg
1 cup organic milk
1/2 cup (123 grams) organic pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
organic canola oil cooking spray for greasing the pan
organic maple syrup, for serving
organic salted butter, for serving
organic sliced apples, for serving
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Let cool to room temperature before the next step.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the pastry flour, cane sugar, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, baking powder, and sea salt and whisk together.
- In the saucepan with the butter, add the egg, milk, pumpkin, and vanilla extract and whisk together. Then slowly add into the dry ingredients while whisking until you have a smooth batter.
- In a medium frying pan over medium heat, grease the pan well with the cooking spray. Pour the pancake batter into the frying pan, about a scant 1⁄4 cup for each pancake. Wait for the top of the pancake to start bubbling, for 1 1⁄2 to 2 minutes. Flip the pancake and cook until done, for 1 1⁄2 to 2 minutes on the second side as well. Repeat until the batter is gone.
- Serve with maple syrup, butter, and sliced apples.
- Gluten Free – Replace the pastry flour with 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (177 g) organic gluten-free flour blend.
- High Altitude – Follow the recipe as noted.
Subscribe to Mimi's Organic Eats!
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Maple Cranberry Scones recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!