This Naturally Pink Pasta for Two is a twist on classic chicken pasta with Alfredo sauce. I use roasted beets and garlic in a classic Alfredo sauce for a vibrant twist on a classic dish. This Naturally Pink Pasta for Two makes the perfect Valentine’s Day dinner!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
Naturally Pink: You will love this pasta because it’s naturally bright pink! This vibrant and Naturally Pink Pasta for Two makes a fun and festive dinner for Valentine’s Day!
Classic Flavors: While this Naturally Pink Pasta for Two may look bold, the flavor profile is incredibly classic. I make a nostalgic Alfredo sauce and just add in roasted beets and garlic to create this bold and vibrant sauce that tastes just like a nostalgic pasta!
Dinner for Two: This Naturally Pink Pasta for Two is an easy dinner if you’re a small household. It’s always just Delaney and me so, making smaller dinners is nice if we don’t want to eat leftovers multiple days in a row! Especially for Valentine’s Day, this recipe is perfect! This recipe makes about 4 servings or 2 servings if you want a larger portion. But, we had leftovers for just one day, which is perfect!
I created this recipe with my friends at Organic Prairie using my favorite Organic Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts. Organic Prairie really cares about sustainability how they raise their animals, which is one of the reasons why I'm such a big fan! You can order their meat online and have it delivered right to your door! I am also showing my favorite organic chocolates from Lake Champlain Chocolates, which make the perfect Valentine's Day dessert!
Ingredients for Naturally Pink Pasta for Two
Organic Garlic Cloves
Kana Quarter Sheet Pan (get 10% off with code MIMIBAKES)
Parchment Paper (get my favorite nontoxic parchment paper and get 10% off with MIMIBAKES)
Tips for Naturally Pink Pasta for Two
• I used a Gemelli noodle for this dish. But that’s incredibly similar to Penne. You can use any type of noodles you want, they would all be okay! You could even use a gluten free pasta too!
• The size of my beets fit in my palm, so they were pretty small. If you’re buying beets at a farmers’ market and have large beets, just use one.
• I used chicken for this recipe, because the sauce is very similar to a classic Alfredo sauce and chicken Alfredo is a favorite of Delaney’s. But you can use any kind of protein you choose. You could even omit the protein if you’re looking for a vegetarian option.
• If you have extras, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge and reheat the following day.
What is pink pasta made of?
This Naturally Pink Pasta for Two is naturally pink and vibrant from beets! While beets make this dish bright pink, they also provide nutrients and health benefits, making this a delicious and beautiful dish!
How can you naturally color pasta pink?
I use organic beets to make this naturally pink pasta. I roast the beets along with garlic cloves for flavor. After that, I blend them together with a bit of cream in the food processor for a vibrant pink puree that is then added to a classic Alfredo sauce! When the pasta is added in, it colors the pasta pink!
Can I use a different protein?
Absolutely! If you want to switch up the protein, you can use ground beef, ground pork, ground chicken, or ground turkey. Just sauté that in a pan instead of baking in the oven. You could also serve this with any cut of steak you like.
Can I use unsalted butter?
Yes, if you prefer to use unsalted butter you can. The parmesan gives this dish a good amount of salt as is, but you may need to add salt to taste.
Why go organic?
You may be wondering why I push organic ingredients for everything, even savory and healthy dishes. Organic ingredients go beyond just health and wellness, and contribute so much to the taste and flavor of a recipe. So, if you think that you're making something healthy and buying fruits, veggies, or meats so maybe you don't need to spend the extra to go organic here – let me sway your thinking.
Organic ingredients are made in a more pure way, therefore using no additives, no GMOs, and minimal ingredients. This really allows the true ingredients to shine – and because of that their flavor shines through. Therefore, organic ingredients are more flavorful than their non organic counterparts. So, just because it's already a healthy recipe, or you're already buying good for you ingredients – it doesn't mean you can skip organic! Trust me here, and make the switch. Your body and your taste buds will thank you!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
You May Also Like
Naturally Pink Pasta for Two
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel the beets and chop into 2-inch cubes. Add the beets and garlic cloves to the baking sheet. Roast for 25 to 35 minutes or until the beets are soft and the garlic is roasted. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- In a small baking dish, add the chicken breasts. Brush with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and the internal temperature is 165°F.
- While the chicken is cooking, fill a medium pot three quarters with water and bring to a boil. Add the noodles and cook per the instructions on the package. Drain once cooked.
- Add the beets, garlic, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a food processor and process combined. Add in 1/4 cup of the heavy whipping cream and blend to combine. (Be careful not to blend too much or you’ll make whipped cream!).
- Add the butter to a small pot and put over medium heat and melt. Whisk in the remaining 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream until combined. Add in the beet mixture and whisk to combine completely. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the Parmesan, oregano, and parsley and whisk to combine. Continue to whisk until the Parmesan is completely melted in.
- Add the noodles and coat completely. Serve the pasta with chicken breast.
Subscribe to Mimi's Organic Eats Channel
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for all the latest videos. Bake and cook along with John John and me on YouTube!
Subscribing is easy and just by subscribing, you are directly supporting my site!
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my article 12 Naturally Pink Valentine's Day Treats if you are looking for more naturally pink recipes that do not include artificial colors!