Maple Honey Nut Granola is a sweet and wholesome breakfast option that satisfies both the taste buds and the body's nutritional needs. This delightful granola blend features a medley of rolled oats, almonds, honey, and maple syrup, all gently toasted to perfection.
If you love making homemade granola as much as I do, be sure to check out some of my other favorite recipes like my Coconut Chocolate Chip Granola, Cinnamon Sugar Quinoa Granola, or my Vanilla Cranberry Granola.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
So I know that making your own cereal is something that may just seem unnecessary when it's so easy to buy it. But, homemade cereal is so much better! And granola is such an easy thing to make at home. So, you are going to want to make this Maple Honey Nut Granola!
So now that you have tons of at home time on your hands because of the pandemic, why not conquer making your own granola? I have a very easy and simple recipe for my homemade Maple Honey Nut Granola. It's full of oats, maple syrup, almonds, and honey and goes great with milk or yogurt and fruit. The best thing about this is it makes a sheet pan and you can store it for weeks to have fresh homemade cereal on hand while everyone is hanging out at home.
Ingredients for Maple Honey Nut Granola
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Maple Honey Nut GranolaDifficulty: Easy
This homemade granola with maple, honey, and almonds makes for a healthy breakfast that you'll want to eat every day!
397 grams (4 cups) organic rolled oats
127 grams (2 cups) organic wide flake coconut
226 grams (2 cups) organic sliced almonds with their skins
113 grams (1/2 cup) organic coconut oil
57 grams (1/4 cup) organic cane sugar
64 grams (3 tablespoons) organic raw honey
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
176 grams (1/2 cup) organic maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the oats, coconut, and half the almonds. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, add the coconut oil, cane sugar, and honey. Cook on medium heat until everything is combined. Remove from the heat and add in the sea salt. Stir to combine completely. Pour the sugar mixture over the oat mixture and add the maple syrup, fold to combine and completely coat the oats. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and spread out as evenly as possible.
- Bake for 23 minutes, remove from the oven, and stir to rotate the granola. Bake again for 23 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Once cool, add the granola and remaining almonds to a large bowl, and break up the chunks and toss to combine completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
- Gluten Free – Use gluten free oats.
- High Altitude – Bake at 325°F for 18 minutes, remove from the oven, and stir to rotate the granola. Bake again for 18 minutes, or until golden brown.
Subscribe to Mimi's Organic Eats!
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Maple Cranberry Scones recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!