This light and fluffy Maple Brown Sugar Banana Bread is made with light brown sugar for a richer flavor that pairs so well with the sweet maple glaze on top. Make this Maple Brown Sugar Banana Bread the next time you have overly ripe bananas!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
This recipe is the perfect recipe to bake when you open your pantry and find you forgot about some bananas! It happens to the best of us, we buy bananas, they go uneaten, and we find them blackened on the counter or in our pantry. But, making banana bread with blackened bananas will result in the best banana bread!
So why are black bananas best for banana bread? Bananas are a starch, and as bananas ripen, the starches turn to sugar. If you’ve ever eaten a banana that wasn’t ripe, you know it can taste very starchy and almost sour. But when they ripen and those starches turn to sugar, then that makes the banana sweeter, and more flavorful. So, that’s why baking with overly ripe bananas is best as the flavor really shines through!
This simple banana bread recipe is taken to another level when I add a maple glaze on top. I love simple banana bread recipes, and you can easily change them up by adding nuts or chocolate chips inside, or adding different kinds of glaze or frosting on top. My Maple Brown Sugar Banana Bread is really one of the most simple banana bread recipes you can make. It's light, sweet, and will satisfy your craving whether it's for breakfast, snack or dessert!
Ingredients for Maple Brown Sugar Banana Bread
Cairnspring Mills Organic All Purpose Flour (use code MIMIORGANIC15 for 15% off your order!)
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Maple Brown Sugar Banana BreadDifficulty: Easy
This banana bread is made with solely brown sugar for a rich and delightful flavor paired with the maple glaze on top. This banana bread is warm and cozy fall recipe that you'll love!
1/2 cup (113 grams) organic salted butter, softened
170 grams (3/4 cup) packed organic light brown sugar
1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
2 organic large very ripe bananas
3/4 cup organic heavy whipping cream, room temperature
2 organic large eggs, room temperature
191 grams (1 1/2 cups) organic all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon organic cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
142 grams (1 cup) organic powdered sugar, sifted
88 grams (1/4 cup) organic maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 1-pound (8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch) loaf pan with parchment paper, letting it fold over the sides for easier removal.
- To make the batter: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, light brown sugar, and vanilla extract, mix on low until combined and there are no butter chunks. Add the bananas, cream, and eggs and mix on low until combined.
- In a separate bowl, add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and sea salt and whisk together. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, and mix on low until combined.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 1-pound loaf pan. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and spread out evenly. Bake for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Once the loaf has cooled, remove it from the pan.
- To make the glaze: In a medium bowl, add the powdered sugar and maple syrup, and whisk together until a smooth glaze forms. Spread over the top of the banana bread.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
- Gluten Free – Replace the cake flour for 191 grams (scant 1 1/4 cups) organic gluten free flour blend.
- High Altitude – Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Subscribe to Mimi's Organic Eats!
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Maple Cranberry Scones recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think will like it too!