Start your day with this Honey Granola Parfait! Homemade Honey Granola is layered in between creamy vanilla yogurt and fresh berries for a delicious, satisfying, and filling breakfast that kind of seems more like a treat than a meal!
If you love making homemade granola as much as I do, be sure to check out some of my other favorite granola recipes like my Coconut Chocolate Chip Granola, Cinnamon Sugar Quinoa Granola, or my Maple Honey Nut Granola.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
This delicious parfait offers a symphony of flavors and textures that will energize and satisfy you. Begin by layering creamy organic vanilla yogurt with a drizzle of honey (if you want!). Then, I add a generous scoop of my Homemade Honey Granola, packed with rolled oats and honey, providing a delightful sweetness, crunch, and nourishing goodness. Next, I add in fresh berries. Blueberries, strawberries, blackberries — whatever you have on hand will be delicious! And I repeat this to make a beautiful breakfast parfait!
The combination of creamy vanilla yogurt, honey, and crunchy granola offers a balanced breakfast that keeps you feeling full and fueled throughout the morning. Change up the fruit based on the season, while berries are in season now, this would also be delicious with stone fruits too! In the fall, you could add apples for an equally delicious take!
Ingredients for Honey Granola Parfaits
Organic Fresh Berries
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Honey Granola ParfaitDifficulty: Easy
Homemade Honey Granola is layered in between creamy vanilla yogurt and fresh berries for a delicious, healthy, filling breakfast that seems more like a treat!
347 grams (3 1/2 cups) organic rolled oats
113 grams (1/2 cup) organic cane sugar
113 grams (1 cup plus 2 tablespoons) organic coconut oil
1/2 cup water
43 grams (2 tablespoons) organic raw local honey
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- For Serving
Organic vanilla yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the oats.
- In a small saucepan, add the cane sugar, coconut oil, water, and honey. Cook on medium/high heat until everything is combined. Remove from heat and add in the sea salt. Stir to combine completely. Pour the sugar mixture over the oat mixture and fold to combine and completely coat the oats.
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and spread out as evenly as possible. Bake for 25 minutes, remove from the oven and stir to rotate granola. Bake again for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
- To assemble parfaits: Layer yogurt, granola, fruit, and repeat again.
- Gluten Free – Use gluten free oats.
- High Altitude – Bake at 325°F for 20 minutes, remove from oven and stir to rotate granola. Bake again for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Maple Cranberry Scones recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!