This recipe for homemade Mini Mounds Bars only requires 5 ingredients. Make this nostalgic candy at home with a creamy coconut filling coated in dark chocolate!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
Halloween is just a few weeks away. And there's no better way to celebrate than by making your own homemade candy with organic ingredients! I love these Homemade Mini Mounds Bars because they only have 5 ingredients!
Soft and chewy coconut cream center is covered in dark chocolate. I make these bars mini, just like if you'd get them trick or treating. I love making small candies like this because they are perfect for when you just want a little dessert!
Ingredients for Homemade Mini Mounds Bars
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Homemade Mini Mounds BarsDifficulty: Easy
Just like your favorite Halloween candy, these Homemade Mini Mounds Bars are ones you won't be able to stop eating!
4 tablespoons (57 grams) organic salted butter, softened
142 grams (1 cup) organic powdered sugar, sifted
170 grams (2 cups) organic unsweetened fine shredded coconut
1/4 cup organic unsweetened vanilla coconut milk
8 ounces (226 grams) organic dark chocolate, chopped
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To make the filling: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, powdered sugar, coconut, and coconut milk. Mix on low until combined.
- Using your hands, form little logs and place on the prepared baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the freezer. Let sit for 15 to 20 minutes or until they are firm.
- To make the coating: Using a double boiler, add about 80% of the dark chocolate. Melt until it reaches 115°F on a chocolate thermometer. Remove from heat and add in the remaining dark chocolate and stir to combine completely. Allow the chocolate to come down to 90°F.
- Drop each coconut log into the dark chocolate, and using a fork remove it so the excess chocolate can drip off. Place back on the baking sheet. Once all the logs have been dipped, put the baking sheet back in the freezer. We want to double dip them to get a thicker dark chocolate coating. Allow to sit in the freezer for about 10 minutes until the chocolate is hardened again, then repeat the process. Place back in the freezer for about 10 minutes and remove, then use the excess chocolate to drizzle on top.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.
- High Altitude – Follow the recipe as noted.
Subscribe to Mimi's Organic Eats!
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Chocolate Peanut Caramel Candies recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!