This easy and healthy chicken recipe is one you’ll want to make now that it’s warm enough to fire up the grill! Try my Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken this weekend for a healthy dinner that’s bursting with flavor!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
You will love this easy and healthy chicken recipe! Now that we are getting into grilling season, it’s time to make this Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken! I use Organic Prairie Chicken Breasts and a few simple spices like salt, pepper, white pepper, and onion powder. The chicken is seasoned and thrown on the grill with some zucchini for an easy and healthy chicken recipe that you’ll want to make every week!
I created this recipe with my friends at Organic Prairie using their amazing Organic Chicken Breasts. If you haven’t ordered from Organic Prairie, I highly suggest that you do! They have amazing organic meat that you can have delivered right to your door!
Do I need to make this on the grill?
No, you can make this inside in your cast iron skillet if you don’t have a grill. And it’s finished in the oven. Either way you make this easy and healthy chicken recipe, it’s still delicious!
Can I use other veggies?
Yes! If you don’t have zucchini or want to swap or add other veggies you totally can! Other veggies that would be great in would be bell peppers, mushrooms, or squash!
What else can I serve this with?
You can serve this with homemade bread, try my Lemon Rosemary Sourdough. Or you can also serve this with rice or quinoa if you are looking for a more balanced meal that includes carbs.
Ingredients for Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken
Why go organic?
You may be wondering why I push organic ingredients for everything, even savory and healthy dishes. Organic ingredients go beyond just health and wellness, and contribute so much to the taste and flavor of a recipe. So, if you think that you're making something healthy and buying fruits, veggies, or meats so maybe you don't need to spend the extra to go organic here – let me sway your thinking.
Organic ingredients are made in a more pure way, therefore using no additives, no GMOs, and minimal ingredients. This really allows the true ingredients to shine – and because of that their flavor shines through. Therefore, organic ingredients are more flavorful than their non organic counterparts. So, just because it's already a healthy recipe, or you're already buying good for you ingredients – it doesn't mean you can skip organic! Trust me here, and make the switch. Your body and your taste buds will thank you!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Grilled Lemon Pepper ChickenDifficulty: Easy
Try this Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken this grilling season! This easy and healthy chicken recipe is one we make all the time during the summer!
2 teaspoons fine sea salt
1/2 teaspoon organic black pepper
1/2 teaspoon organic white pepper
1/2 teaspoon organic garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon organic onion powder
3 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil
4 organic zucchinis
1 pound Organic Prairie Chicken Breasts
1 organic large lemon
- In a large bowl, add the sea salt, black pepper, white pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder and mix together. Add the olive oil and stir to combine completely. Set aside.
- Quarter the zucchinis into spears. If they are very long you can cut in half as well, depending on the length.
- Add the zucchini and chicken breasts to the bowl with the olive oil and seasoning and stir to coat the chicken and zucchini. Zest the lemon into the bowl and stir to coat completely. (Save the lemon, as you’ll need the juice later!)
- Heat grill to high, about 350°F to 400°F. Place chicken breasts and zucchini on the grill and cover. Cook for about 5 to 7 minutes per side and flip. Heat until internal temperature is 165°F. (Alternatively if you’re not grilling, preheat the oven to 400°F. Heat a cast iron skillet on medium/high. Add the zucchinis and sear each side, remove, and place on a plate. Add the chicken breasts and sear each side. Add the zucchinis back into the cast iron skillet and transfer to the oven and cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, until internal temperature is 165°F.)
- Serve chicken breasts and zucchini with a slice of lemon, juice lemon on top before enjoying.
- High Altitude – Follow the recipe as noted.
Subscribe to Mimi's Organic Eats!
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Pork & Peppers Lettuce Cups and share it with someone who think may enjoy it too!