Buttery, dense, and lightly sweetened with a little honey. These Earl Grey Shortbread Cookies infuse Earl Grey tea into a classic cookie! Enjoy them with a glass of milk or a cozy drink.
If you love shortbread cookies as much as I do, be sure to check out some of my other favorites like my Brown Sugar Shortbreads, Chocolate Dipped Almond Shortbread Cookies, or my Kamut Flour Shortbread Cookies.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
You will love this simple shortbread cookie recipe. Buttery, dense, and crisp with a hint of honey. I use Earl Grey tea inside these classic shortbread cookies for a comforting cookie that goes well with a glass of milk or a cozy cup of tea.
These Earl Grey Shortbread Cookies are crowd pleasing cookie that everyone will love! Add them into cookie boxes, serve at a birthday party, or make for a simple weekend bake. You'll love these Earl Grey Shortbread Cookies!
Ingredients for Earl Grey Shortbread Cookies
Cairnspring Mills Organic All Purpose Flour (use code MIMIORGANIC15 for 15% off your order!)
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Earl Grey Shortbread CookiesDifficulty: Easy
Dense, buttery, and sweet – these Earl Grey Shortbread Cookies pair well with a cup of tea or a glass of milk!
1 cup (226 grams) organic salted butter, softened
142 grams (1 cup) organic powdered sugar, sifted
2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
15 grams (2 teaspoons) organic raw honey
255 grams (2 cups) organic all purpose flour
2 organic Earl Grey tea bags
organic cane sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix on low until combined and you don’t see powdered sugar anymore, there will still be a few chunks of butter but that is okay because it’s very soft.
- Add the flour and contents of the Earl Grey tea bags into the butter mixture and mix on low until combined and smooth. The dough should feel like play dough in your hands.
- Using your hands, form the dough into 36 balls and place them on the prepared cookie sheets. Flatten each one slightly so they area bout 1 3/4-inch in diameter.
- Bake for 13 minutes until golden brown. Sprinkle the tops with cane sugar immediately after coming out of the oven. Allow to cool completely on the cookie sheets.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
- Gluten Free – Replace the flour with 226 grams (scant 1 1/2 cups) organic gluten free flour blend and 57 grams (1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoons) organic coconut flour.
- High Altitude – Bake at 350°F for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Subscribe to Mimi's Organic Eats!
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!