Chocolate Peanut Caramel Candies


Candy Chocolate Desserts Eggless Gluten Free High Altitude Sweet & Salty Desserts | Published December 17, 2021 by Mimi Council

This website uses affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission if you click on the link and make a purchase.

If you like Turtle candies, then you will love these Chocolate Peanut Caramel Candies! They are basically Turtles but with peanuts instead of pecans. They are a sweet and salty chocolate candy loaded with gooey caramel!

If you like making homemade candy, check out my Mint Meltaways, Chocolate Cream Drops, or my Dark Chocolate Coconut Squares!

chocolate peanut caramel candies

Why You'll Love This Recipe

Twist on a Classic: You will love this take on the classic Turtle candies. These are basically Turtles, but instead of pecans, they have peanuts! This sweet and salty candy is a twist on a classic!

Chocolate + Peanuts: If you love the chocolate peanut butter combo, you will love this candy with chocolate and roasted and salted peanuts!

Caramel: These Chocolate Caramel Peanut Candies are peanut clusters covered in a chewy gooey homemade caramel and then coated in milk chocolate.

Sweet & Salty: The combination of sweet milk chocolate, roasted and salted peanuts, and sweet chewy caramel makes for the best sweet and salty treat.

chocolate peanut caramel candies

Ingredients

Mama Ganache Organic Milk Chocolate

Organic Roasted & Salted Peanuts

Wholesome Organic Cane Sugar

Organic Valley Salted Butter

Organic Valley Heavy Whipping Cream

Tools Needed

Digital Food Scale

3-Quart Pot

Baking Sheet Half Sheet Pan (use code MIMIBAKES for 10% off my favorite stainless steel sustainable bakeware!)

Parchment Paper (get my favorite nontoxic parchment paper and get 10% off with MIMIBAKES)

Heatproof Mixing Bowl

Subscribe to Mimi's Organic Eats Channel

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for all the latest videos. Bake and cook along with John John and me on YouTube!

Subscribing is easy and just by subscribing, you are directly supporting my site!

woman sharing cookies with pug in kitchen
chocolate peanut caramel candies

Step by Step Instructions

Step 1

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside

Step 2

In a small saucepan using a high heat spatula, add the cane sugar and cook until it dissolves and melts completely and there are no chunks. Add the butter, and stir to combine completely. Careful as steam will rise up. Slowly add in the heavy whipping cream and stir to combine completely. Remove from the heat.

Step 3

Add in the peanuts and stir to combine completely. Using a standard kitchen spoon, drop dollops of the peanut and caramel mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Place the pan in the freezer, this will help them stick together when dipping in chocolate.

Step 4

Using a double boiler, add 80% of the milk chocolate, and melt until it reaches 110°F on a chocolate thermometer. Remove from heat, and add in the remaining 20% of chocolate and stir to combine completely. Allow the chocolate to come back down to 91°F. You can skip this step if you do not want to temper the chocolate and melt it all completely in the double boiler. I will always temper if I am gifting chocolate as a gift, but if it's just for me then I skip it!

Step 5

Dip each cluster into the chocolate and place back on the parchment paper.

chocolate peanut caramel candies

Baker's Tips

  • I use a 2-quart stainless steel pot to make the caramel in.
  • I also use a high heat spatula. This is key whenever making something like caramel or butterscotch where it is high heat for an extended period of time. If you don't use a high heat spatula, it can actually melt and warp your spatula! I've linked the high heat spatula I use here.
  • I use roasted and salted peanuts in this recipe for extra flavor. So make sure you aren't using raw peanuts as they will be lackluster.
  • I use milk chocolate here, but you could also use dark chocolate or even white chocolate! This recipe would be equally delicious with both, whatever you prefer.
  • I don't always temper the chocolate when I make candy. If I am gifting it to someone, then I definitely do as it can sit out and not melt. But, if I am just making candy for myself then I don't temper it as I usually store them in the fridge or even the freezer so they last longer!
chocolate peanut caramel candies

FAQ's

Can I use another kind of nut?

Yes, feel free to use pecans, walnuts, or almonds!

Can I use dark chocolate?

Yes, feel free to use dark chocolate if you prefer!

How should I store these?

Store in a cool dry place or in the fridge.

chocolate peanut caramel candies

Craving More?

chocolate peanut caramel candies

Chocolate Peanut Caramel Candies

Mimi Council
Made with roasted and salted peanuts, a chewy caramel, and coated in milk chocolate. This is a peanut version of the popular Turtle candy!
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Course Dessert
Cuisine American
Makes 24 candies
Calories 217 kcal

Ingredients
 
 

Instructions
 

  • Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside
  • In a small saucepan using a high heat spatula, add the cane sugar and cook until it dissolves and melts completely and there are no chunks. Add the butter, and stir to combine completely. Careful as steam will rise up.
  • Slowly add in the heavy whipping cream and stir to combine completely. Remove from the heat.
  • Add in the peanuts and stir to combine completely. Using a standard kitchen spoon, drop dollops of the peanut and caramel mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Place the pan in the freezer, this will help them stick together when dipping in chocolate.
  • Using a double boiler, add 80% of the milk chocolate, and melt until it reaches 110°F on a chocolate thermometer. Remove from heat, and add in the remaining 20% of chocolate and stir to combine completely. Allow the chocolate to come back down to 91°F. You can skip this step if you do not want to temper the chocolate and melt it all completely in the double boiler. I will always temper if I am gifting chocolate as a gift, but if it's just for me then I skip it!
  • Dip each cluster into the chocolate and place back on the parchment paper.
  • Store in the fridge or in a cool dry place for up to 2 weeks.

Notes

High Altitude — Follow the recipe as noted.

Nutrition

Calories: 217kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 4gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 70mgPotassium: 150mgFiber: 2gSugar: 17gVitamin A: 96IUVitamin C: 0.01mgCalcium: 19mgIron: 1mg
Want more recipes?Follow along on @mimisorganiceats for more inspiration!

Join Our Organic Community!

butter college hoodie in mustard

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recipe Rating