This classic recipe for Chocolate Crinkle Cookies is a must bake for the holidays! Soft, chewy, and rich chocolate flavor is complimented by sweet powdered sugar. Learn the top trick for making your powdered sugar stick!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
This is a really easy Chocolate Crinkle Cookie recipe that is really chewy and chocolatey, which is what I love most about them. I love simple recipes that are really easy to execute but make a big impression, and that's exactly what these cookies do!
These classic Chocolate Crinkle Cookies make a great dessert for any celebration! Holiday cookie boxes, birthdays, Tuesday afternoons, or weekend baking. These Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are delicious any time. Just make sure you have a big glass of milk!
Ingredients for Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Cairnspring Mills Organic All Purpose Flour (use code MIMIORGANIC15 for 15% off your order!)
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Chocolate Crinkle CookiesDifficulty: Easy
Soft, chewy, and rich chocolatey flavor – these Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are the perfect addition to any holiday cookie box, or even just for a Tuesday afternoon!
1/2 cup (113 grams) organic salted butter, softened
1/2 cup organic cane sugar
1/2 cup organic packed dark brown sugar
2 large organic eggs
1 large organic egg yolk
212 grams (1 2/3 cups) organic all purpose flour
43 grams (1/2 cup) organic Dutch cocoa, sifted
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/2 teaspoon organic ground vanilla bean
57 grams (1/4 cup) organic cane sugar
71 grams (1/2 cup) organic powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- To make the dough: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, cane sugar, and dark brown sugar. Mix on low until combined and there are no chunks of butter. Add the eggs and egg yolk and mix just slightly, enough to break the yolks.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, cocoa, baking powder, sea salt, and vanilla bean and whisk together. Add to the butter mixture and mix on low until combined into a smooth dough.
- In a small bowl, add the cane sugar for the topping. And in a separate bowl, add the powdered sugar for topping. Using your hands, form the dough into 20 balls and roll them in the cane sugar first, then in the powdered sugar and flatten them slightly so they are about 2-inches in diameter. Place on the prepared cookie sheets, spacing them at least 1-inch apart.
- Bake for 11 minutes or until cracked and dry around the edges. Allow to cool completely on the baking sheets.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
- Gluten Free – Replace the flour with 226 grams (scant 1 1/2 cups) organic gluten free flour blend.
- High Altitude – Bake at 375°F for 8 minutes or until cracked and dry around the edges.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!