This Broccoli Cheese Galette is a savory pie that can be made for brunch, lunch, appetizers, or dinner! I top this easy pie with garlic, onions, broccoli, cheddar, and then a sprinkle of feta for a delicious savory pie!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
If you are looking for an easy way to eat more veggies, then read on. I created this recipe last month when I had a ton of broccoli in the fridge that was about to go bad, and I didn't want to waste it. You guys asked for a Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe for so long, that I thought you would all love this Broccoli Cheese Galette just as much!
I love making galettes because they are so much easier than making pies or tarts as they are so much more freeform and rustic. They are an amazing blank canvas to add anything from sweet to savory inside! If you haven't made a galette before, then you will love how easy they are, I promise!
Tips for Broccoli Cheese Galette
• If you haven't made my All Butter Pie Crust before, then check out the link to that article as it gives you lots of tips and tricks for making the best flaky pie crust. This article gives you lots of tips for making pie crust for the first time, or if you just need a refresher it has great tips!
• Make sure to chill the pie crust in the fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight. I like to make pie crust in the evenings, and then it's ready to roll out the next morning.
• I use white onion in this recipe, but if you prefer, you can also use red or yellow as well. It will just provide a little different flavor, but it will still be amazing.
• I use Organic Valley Raw Cheddar Cheese in this recipe because it is my absolute favorite, but you can use any kind of organic cheddar cheese you like. I love cheddar with broccoli, which is why I chose cheddar cheese for this recipe.
• I top this Broccoli Cheese Galette with Organic Feta Cheese, it gives it a little salty flavor and more depth. Check out Organic Valley Feta Cheese, it is the absolute best! Even though I crumble the feta on top of the galette, you always want to buy feta in a block – never crumbled. The crumbled feta cheese will have additives in it to keep it from clumping, just like a shredded cheese will, so it's best to avoid chose.
• You can reheat this galette easily in your oven or toaster oven. Don't reheat in a microwave as that will make the pie crust soggy.
Ingredients for Broccoli Cheese Galette
Cairnspring Mills Organic All Purpose Flour (use code MIMIORGANIC15 for 15% off your order!)
Organic White Onion (or yellow)
Why go organic?
You may be wondering why I push organic ingredients for everything, even savory and healthy dishes. Organic ingredients go beyond just health and wellness, and contribute so much to the taste and flavor of a recipe. So, if you think that you're making something healthy and buying fruits, veggies, or meats so maybe you don't need to spend the extra to go organic here – let me sway your thinking.
Organic ingredients are made in a more pure way, therefore using no additives, no GMOs, and minimal ingredients. This really allows the true ingredients to shine – and because of that their flavor shines through. Therefore, organic ingredients are more flavorful than their non organic counterparts. So, just because it's already a healthy recipe, or you're already buying good for you ingredients – it doesn't mean you can skip organic! Trust me here, and make the switch. Your body and your taste buds will thank you!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Broccoli Cheese GaletteDifficulty: Easy
This easy Broccoli Cheese Galette is an easy recipe that can be made for breakfast, brunch or even as an appetizer!
1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons cold water
227 grams (1 2/3 cups plus 2 tablespoons) organic all purpose flour, plus extra for rolling
3/4 cup (170 grams) Organic Valley Salted Butter, cold
1/4 cup organic olive oil
3 cups organic Broccoli florets, roughly chopped
Half organic white onion, sliced
2 cloves organic garlic, minced
4 ounces organic Organic Valley Raw Cheddar Cheese, grated
2 tablespoons organic olive oil
2 ounces Organic Valley Feta Cheese, crumbled
- To make the crust: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment add the flour.
- Remove the butter from the fridge and chop into small cubes. The smaller the cubes, the flakier the crust. Cut the stick of butter into four and then chop into small cubes from there. Add the cold, cubed butter to the flour mixture. Measure out the cold water and have it ready.
- Turn the mixer on low and slowly start to incorporate the ingredients. Gradually turn the mixer to medium speed. Once the butter mixture looks like wet sand, immediately add in all the water. As soon as the dough comes together, stop the mixer. Do not over mix.
- Form the dough into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill in the fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To make the filling: In large bowl, add the olive oil, broccoli, onions, and garlic and mix together. Add in about three-quarters of the grated cheese, and mix to combine. Reserve the remaining grated cheese for the top.
- On a floured surface, roll out the crust to 1/4-inch thick, about 10-inches in diameter. Place the prepared baking sheet.
- Place the filling on top of the rolled out crust, leaving about a 1-inch boarder. Fold the dough in to create a crust. Top the filling with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and top with the feta cheese. Serve immediately.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- High Altitude — Follow the recipe as noted.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Cheesy Veggie Quiche recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think will like it too!