Learn how to make Chocolate Ganache Frosting with this incredibly easy 2 ingredient Chocolate Ganache Frosting recipe! Use this for cakes, brownies, cupcakes, and more!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
2 Ingredients: Learn how to make chocolate ganache frosting with only 2 ingredients! This 2 ingredient Chocolate Ganache Frosting only requires chocolate and heavy whipping cream. You probably have these ingredients in your kitchen already!
Rich & Creamy: This 2 ingredient Chocolate Ganache Frosting is incredibly rich and creamy! If you are not a fan of super sweet icings, then you will love this indulgent chocolate ganache frosting!
Many Uses: You can use this simple 2 ingredient Chocolate Ganache Frosting for cakes, brownies, loaf cakes, cookies, cupcakes, and so much more! I love using this on simple one layer cakes and brownies. The only thing I would not use this for is layer cakes as it is not stiff enough for layer cakes. If you want to use this for layer cakes, I would recommend using less cream, and only use 3/4 cup and then you should be all good!
Ingredients for Chocolate Ganache Frosting
Spatula or Whisk
How to Make 2 Ingredient Chocolate Ganache Frosting
In a heatproof bowl, add the chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream.
Melt, using a double boiler, or in 30 second intervals in the microwave to prevent burning. Once the chocolate is melted, stir together to incorporate the cream completely.
Cover the bowl and place in the fridge to cool for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Stir up the ganache and it’s ready to use on cakes and brownies. If you want it whipped, you can whisk it on high using a hand mixer or stand mixer.
Tips for 2 Ingredient Chocolate Ganache Frosting
• You can use any kind of chocolate you like for this. I use dark chocolate chips in this recipe, but if you want to use a dark chocolate bar that’s chopped, or even a milk chocolate bar, you can do that! You can use white chocolate.
• If you want to use this for a layer cake, I recommend using less cream so it's stiffer. I would only use 3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream, which will make this frosting stiff and not as creamy, which will allow it to hold the weight of multiple layers of cake.
• Make sure you allow the ganache to set completely. I prefer doing this overnight, but if you’re in a hurry, it needs at least a few hours in the fridge or until it’s firm enough to be whipped up and used as frosting.
• Because this has cream in it, whatever you add this to should be stored in the fridge. So if you’re using it on cake, brownies, or cookies – if you don’t eat them all then the extras should be stored in the fridge.
What can I use this frosting for?
This rich and creamy chocolate ganache frosting is perfect for cakes, cupcakes, brownies and cookies! Use it on your favorite recipes! Try my Sourdough Chocolate Cake for Two that uses this frosting.
How should I store this?
Because this has heavy whipping cream in it, you need to store this in the fridge.
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
You May Also Like
2 Ingredient Chocolate Ganache Frosting
- In a heatproof bowl, add the chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream.
- Melt, using a double boiler, or in 30 second intervals in the microwave to prevent burning. Once the chocolate is melted, stir together to incorporate the cream completely.
- Cover the bowl and place in the fridge to cool for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Stir up the ganache and it’s ready to use on cakes and brownies. If you want it whipped, you can whisk it on high using a hand mixer or stand mixer.
Subscribe to Mimi's Organic Eats!
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Eggless Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache Frosting recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!